Gavin Newsome goes on veto rampage. Ends multiple progressive bills

Bears01

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory

/california-gov-gavin-newsom-vetoes-bill-decriminalized-psychedelic-103810533

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/07/us/california-caste-discrimination.html

All these great, life changing bills vetoed so he can lose and never become president like he hopes and dreams 

Edited by Bears01

Just now, Bears01 said:

All these great, life changing bills vetoed so he can lose and never become president like he hopes and dreams 

Well, he could probably be the nominee at some point. Since Democrats love to nominate people who are general election poison like Hillary Clinton.

Such a ******* loser of a person.

• Thanks 4

What is he doing? :biblio: This isn't going to be cute in 2028 when Kamala moves left like she did in 2019. He will criticize her for Biden's actions but she will just play innocent and be like, "It was out of my control, *****, on the other hand you were actually in control and eviscerated your own party's progressive strides." 2028 is going to be a mess. 

Edited by jakeisphat
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jakeisphat said:

What is he doing? :biblio: This isn't going to be cute in 2028 when Kamala moves left like she did in 2019. He will criticize her for Biden's actions but she will just play innocent and be like, "It was out of my control, *****, on the other hand you were in actually in control and eviscerated your own party's progressive strides." 2028 is going to be a mess. 

Voting between Gavin and Kamala…..we need an alien invasion tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Voting between Gavin and Kamala…..we need an alien invasion tomorrow 

It's going to be a media spectacle. Watch him **** shame her for dating Willie Brown, then her turn around and shame him for dating Kimberly Guilfoyle's coked out ass. I just can't. 

Edited by jakeisphat

A lot of weed dispensaries in California are selling shrooms. Haven’t seen LSD or other hallucinogens but shrooms are being sold. Anyways, he is a weirdo and I will not be voting for him whenever he decides to run. He has ruined california

40 minutes ago, Communion said:

Such a ******* loser of a person.

He’s more right wing than the republicans in the California State Legislature: 

A true capital LOSER. I cannot WAIT until his inevitable presidential campaign crashes and burns 

• Thanks 1

Isn't that what people accuse women of being so they shouldn't have power? :mandown:

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, ToMmY said:

Isn't that what people accuse women of being so they shouldn't have power? :mandown:

:deadvision: What? 

Just now, Bears01 said:

:deadvision: What? 

Sorry, I probably worded it wrong, lol. Some people say women shouldn't be in positions of power because they're "emotional" but then ignore when a man-child acts like that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

Sorry, I probably worded it wrong, lol. Some people say women shouldn't be in positions of power because they're "emotional" but then ignore when a man-child acts like that?

I wouldn’t even say he’s acting like a man child. I would say he’s being a corporate shill and massively out of line with his constituents. If D+1 Minnesota can enact progressive laws in line with some of the best countries on the planet, there’s no excuse why D+30 California should  be governed like it’s a red state with a blue legislature and a Republican governor 

This is so depressing. The writing is on the wall and yet fleeing is only going to make it worse :gaycatx:

1 hour ago, jakeisphat said:

What is he doing? :biblio: This isn't going to be cute in 2028 when Kamala moves left like she did in 2019. He will criticize her for Biden's actions but she will just play innocent and be like, "It was out of my control, *****, on the other hand you were actually in control and eviscerated your own party's progressive strides." 2028 is going to be a mess. 

Kamala will never be president. She was polling at 3% when she dropped out of the race. It would be like running someone more unpopular than hilary clinton. Someone like Katie Porter needs to throw her hat in the ring, 2028 is the year where progressives take over thanks to young people.

Because, Mr. Streamer, the media wants him to be the centrist warmonger successor to the current centrist warmonger president we have right now. Covering him accurately, just like covering Biden’s record accurately, would get in the way of the consent they want to manufacture.

Gavin is doing this to be president. Lets face it; Decriminalizing psychadelics, social housing, and discrimination based on caste might be too progressive in the opinion of people who live in red states. Gavin is not running as a progressive, he is running as a moderate for 2028. Gavin only changes his position once a postion because popular(like housing)...

People on ATRL want people like Bernie, yet reality wants Biden. This is the same situation. Newsom is self-serving and will switch positions if it can get him elected.

Edited by Junipero

Gavin is never going to be president. I’m so tired of this. I can’t stand Hasanabi either but I agree with him on the need for more national coverage of this.

Specifically starting with his healthcare donors.

• Like 2

This is just posturing to appear to "moderate". He clearly has ambitions for president so he's starting now just in case Biden gets removed/sidelined. Very calculating and careerist man. Don't like him at all.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Gavin is never going to be president. I’m so tired of this. I can’t stand Hasanabi either but I agree with him on the need for more national coverage of this.

Specifically starting with his healthcare donors.

This this this X 1000000000 this. 

I guess he just wants to keep going on Hannity so he can look  like the “reasonable democratic governor” 

10 hours ago, Junipero said:

Gavin is doing this to be president. Lets face it; Decriminalizing psychadelics, social housing, and discrimination based on caste might be too progressive in the opinion of people who live in red states. Gavin is not running as a progressive, he is running as a moderate for 2028. Gavin only changes his position once a postion because popular(like housing)...

People on ATRL want people like Bernie, yet reality wants Biden. This is the same situation. Newsom is self-serving and will switch positions if it can get him elected.

Posts like these are politically illiterate. Vetos on insulin co-pays puts Newsom to the right of Biden and the majority of Americans. :redface:

10 hours ago, Junipero said:

People on ATRL want people like Bernie, yet reality wants Biden.

Yup, I agree. Sure I live outside the US but I've seen more than enough over the past decade and a half to see that the general American public does not take well to left-wing policies, for whatever strange brainwashed reason. From everything I could see, King Bernie would have handily lost a general against Trump, no matter what a loud group of people may say. Bernie was just as big a target as Hillary for Trump to mudsling at in ways that would galvanize the coalition that voted for him in 2016.

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

Posts like these are politically illiterate. Vetos on insulin co-pays puts Newsom to the right of Biden and the majority of Americans. :redface:

This fact doesn't take away from the point though?

4 hours ago, Bears01 said:

This this this X 1000000000 this. 

I guess he just wants to keep going on Hannity so he can look  like the “reasonable democratic governor” 

Fool the MSM as being “reasonable” and jaded progressives as this being an “overcorrection” when it was actually a deliberate decision for his donors. 

The issues need to be parsed out, starting with insulin. He did the anti-trans motions with the vaguely pro-LGB ones, now this combined with the others.

I’d say it’s cynical and shrewd (for a corporate neolib but at this point that’s generous) but even that’s not true.

It’s bumbling political malpractice he’s not getting called out on by lefty outlets because lefty journalists are all fighting with each other or settling, generally. 

There’s so many layers of problems I have with this I don’t even know where to start.

I don’t want to be back here in 2028 with more palace intrigue over Gavin’s donors regretting how and why he didn’t convince Kamala hard enough not to run.

I’m so tired by all of this. If you’re going to be politically cynical, at least be good at it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.