Was Beyonce groomed by Jay-Z?

DougAF

Was she?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Was she?

I mean, realistically, yes

A 20 yo and a 32 yo are absolutely not on the same wavelength, and if they are one of them is not well

• Thumbs Down 1

Ridiculous the way people turn everything into "grooming" :deadbanana4:

6x0gzw.gif

yet it's okay For Nick's wife to be 10 years older 

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Yup 100%!

The fact that she was 20 and he was 32 when they started dating is beyond gross. Like what is a 32 yr old man doing with a girl who just got out of her teens? Big yikes!

That's not gross. I thought he got with her when she was much younger. I'm about to go change my vote if he met her at 20. I dated men who were 35 at 20. 

17 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

No. 20 years old is a legal adult 

Didn't you open recently a thread asking how moral was a relationship between someone 21 and another way more adult?. I don't remember the persons involved in the thread. 

Edited by vale9001

It’s not very feminist to tell a man that they taught you how to be a woman idk. It’s a lil cringe ngl

also and the fact that Bey pours her heart out like this to him and then he allegedly cheats on her? Yikes

• ATRL Moderator

Grooming is a very specific thing. I’d like to think a forum predominantly filled with queer people would know that when we’re accused of being groomers for simply existing. 

An age gap between adults is not grooming. It can be weird and not make sense for you, but it’s not grooming. 

• Like 4

Why was the thread reported? People can have a normal discussion about an important subject. Damn. 

OT. Yes, of course. You have to be blind - or a weird ass fan - to no see it. She was 18 when they met, probably younger than that. https://www.glamour.com/story/beyonce-jay-z-relationship-a-complete-timeline

Edited by Blade Runner

Jay is an opportunist and probably had his eyes on her come up which is creepy. I don’t think he necessarily groomed her though, not with her dad as her manager. I think Beyoncé was always just super serious about her career. While it is common for other girls and boys in their early 20s to party, hook up and serial date, Beyoncé was very mature and wanted someone to securely fit into her lifestyle and career. She gave him a chance as an adult and took it very slow according to her (via long distance phone conversations). They were on the same wavelength when it came down to the business. It’s more of a transactional relationship if anything, but she clearly loves that man, so… 

Edited by BGKC