Acclaimed TV shows that you couldn't get into?

Galaxy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Karla Cabello

• Into The Void

• Aurora

Same. Seinfeld is the most overrated show ever. It’s terrible 

• Like 2

Game of thrones

too many characters introduced all at the same time, couldn’t remember any of the names. If u make it difficult for me to remember the characters names I will not watch ur show, simple . 

Literally any tv show that doesn’t have mostly female leads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The Sopranos

After The Godfather, all this mafia movies and series look like a SNL sketch

I tried getting into Andor after all the hype around it but I just couldn't. Maybe I'll enjoy the second season more.

Sucksession is the worst show I've ever encountered and the people who stan it are the worst people :mazen:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Breaking Bad, so overhyped it’s insane. “greatest tv show of all time” my ass 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Andor, I couldn't get the hype at all. Though I soured on everything Star Wars after the Sequel Trilogy mess.

Oof way too many :toofunny2:

Breaking Bad

Friends

The Office

Seinfeld

Mad Men

The Soprnaos

Grey's Anatomy

Succession (will be trying again soon but the beginning of S1 is such a snooze :toofunny2:)

and maaaaany more

Man Men. I tried for a whole season but just gave up because I didn't like any character other than Joan and the story was not hooking me.

Probably most of y'alls favourite shows. I just don't like television as a medium whatsoever.

Unlike other mediums I tend to find most TV critics get it right, but Game of Thrones acclaim makes no sense. Piss poor in comparison to other classics.

Mad Men. It was one of those shows where I was intrigued by the story and genuinely liked all the characters, yet continuing to watch it felt like a chore

Westworld. I got told by several people it was amazing and I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't really get into it.

• Like 1

To those saying Succession — true, the first part of season 1 is hella boring (maybe the first 6 episodes or so :rip:) but then it gets excellent!! 

Edited by sciencemagic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

Westworld. I got told by several people it was amazing and I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't really get into it.

I forgot about this show, but I agree. Just wasn't good television. Too convoluted for its own good.

Seinfeld, Ted Lasso and Parks & Recreations. They weren't bad but I never got the appeal. 

From recent series definitely succession. Probably is too american to be really appreciated. His International success hasn't been that big 

Then sopranos and breaking bad, i enjoyed It and i can understand they were a new kind of production for television, but they seems to me like the film Bros of television, these serie overrated cause they are basically the inspired by Scorsese and coppola and tarantino TV shows. A Rip off of the new Hollywood cinema without anything really new from what that cinema already made. 

I have loved more mad men or the wire. 

Edited by vale9001

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.