UK to consider banning trans women from being treated in female wards of hospitals

Communion

Praying for all my sisters on TERF island rn :hug:

Edited by secretgarden
  • Like 1

not to sound ignorant, but when it comes to life saving medical emergencies and medicines, aren't men and women different when it comes to dosage and stuff like that? 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, spree said:

not to sound ignorant, but when it comes to life saving medical emergencies and medicines, aren't men and women different when it comes to dosage and stuff like that? 

Why would you bring up reality and common sense on this forum? :oxygen2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

1 hour ago, spree said:

Yeo stepping in to to answer this, politely asked btw

36 minutes ago, The Guv'nah said:

Tagging you in the answer too, but I'd like to encourage you to go f*ck yourself.

Being trans would change dosages absolutely, but thats not the only factor, things like your weight, other medication your on etc would also change that. You would need to inform the doctors you are transgender to get the correct treatment. But it's not like theres one set dose for le man and one for le woman. Regardless this is about the wards you stay on, theres no reason trans women should be forced to go to a mens ward.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What trash comments so far on this thread :rip: 

This has nothing to do with dosages and "walking on egg shells" ... it has everything to do with the government trying to start a culture war to win votes.

Edited by Leppie
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Leppie said:

This has nothing to do with dosages and "walking on egg shells" ... it has everything to do with the government trying to start a culture war to win votes.

before the edit i thought the W was you celebrating - I thought I was losing my marbles, thank you for being normal :redface:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ameerah said:

It’s a hospital, there’s no place for walking on eggshells to protect your feelings 

You consistently stalk anything trans-related spreading your attempts at shade. Get a life or get help for whatever is making you so miserable :biblionana:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spree said:

Not sure if this is true or not, I'm not educated enough to comment or not, however this story is about which WARD patients are treated in. Even if there are different medicines for men and women, female medicines and dosages are still available for patients in the male ward and vice versa :rip: 

• Like 1

The people in here pretending this is based on valid concern and isn’t anything other than punching down to the most marginalized and hated minority on that island to distract from poor policy and upcoming election losses in response to someone’s rather respectfully worded question  :deadbanana4:

Edited by IvyTower
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, IvyTower said:

The people in here pretending this is based on valid concern and isn’t anything other than punching down to the most marginalized and hated minority on that island to distract from poor policy and upcoming election losses in response to someone’s rather respectfully worded question  :deadbanana4:

It's fine for them, when the words words words on the internet stops they don't care.

It'll be me and my trans sisters who end up not going to hospital because we don't feel safe because they'll be trying to throw us on a mens ward.

Really getting tired now. I never wanted to be trans, I just am a woman. I'm so tired of having to fight for the most basic things. :redface:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

The replies in here are so weird so far. They're all hate motivated.

I literally get warned for joking about a “fanbase” but replies like this aren't getting directly banned or restricted from posting for a while? :biblionana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Leppie said:

oh i totally agree.

23 minutes ago, ameerah said:

It’s a hospital, there’s no place for walking on eggshells to protect your feelings 

not you're an olivia fan too, so disappointing

1 hour ago, spree said:

1 hour ago, The Guv'nah said:

35 minutes ago, ameerah said:

Transphobia is rooted in idiocy and imagined strife because you have three responses where people display not understanding what a hospital ward is. Let alone that sex segregated wards are a unique British function that differs from the norm in the US and Canada (whose hospitals themselves rarely have wards anymore and opt for private roomsI. Let alone that overcrowding already allows for the hospitals within the NHS to create mixed-sex wards when needed based on patient occupancy. A cis woman is like 1000x more likely to end up in the same ward as a cis man due to over-crowding than end up next to a trans woman (who herself is just getting to get in better health) by virtue of how few trans people there are.

Though I do appreciate @spree acknowledging that they had no clue from the beginning what a ward was and asked to be corrected.

Sex segregation of hospital wards in the UK has nothing to do with medical treatment, and largely has been a discussion in the UK it seems over the last 2 decades over patient privacy and safety. The ward that someone is in is not dictating the treatment they get but more closely related to the bathroom discussions that have dominated in the past. If placing a trans woman in a female ward is allegedly disruptive and distressing to other female patients, what exactly is the imagined scenario and result of placing her in a male ward with men? 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spree said:

1 hour ago, The Guv'nah said:

If that had absolutely anything to do with this proposal, trans men would be banned from male wards too using that (very flawed) logic, but the proposal is once again only targeting trans women. The irony of you talking about common sense when something so obvious and simple went straight over your head :rip:

5 hours ago, Emperial said:

I’m not trying to get permabannd

Any reason you thought it would be appropriate to laugh react at a trans woman’s vulnerable post on here about feeling unsafe as a trans woman and about being tired of having to fight for their basic rights on a predominantly queer forum (after endorsing the transphobic rhetoric in here)? 

Edited by IvyTower
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, lacy said:

It's fine for them, when the words words words on the internet stops they don't care.

It'll be me and my trans sisters who end up not going to hospital because we don't feel safe because they'll be trying to throw us on a mens ward.

Really getting tired now. I never wanted to be trans, I just am a woman. I'm so tired of having to fight for the most basic things. :redface:

Your worries and anxieties are valid. You deserve to live in peace. Sending you so much love :heart:

• Like 4

Thanks **** I got out of the UK at the verge of crumbling! geeezz

I don’t see the point of having separate wards for men and women.  The way things are going it’s like we might as well completely segregate the sexes everywhere. 

I doubt they'll be around long enough to enact half of these new policies they're suggesting. It's very easy to say you'll do things when you know you have basically one year left running the government.

A culture war is the only hope they have of salvaging some votes. Shame it always seems to come to this instead of focusing on actual issues like the cost of living crisis, the mess of privatised water companies, housing and public transport schemes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.