Spain, Portugal, & Morocco to host the 2030 World Cup

Sergi91

13 minutes ago, Erotic said:

Will Shakira be performing? :-*

Yes Live from Federal Jail

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You left out that Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina will also be hosting the opening games, FIFA's way of effectively giving away the 2034 hosting bid to Saudi Arabia. This is absolutely ridiculous and merging two existing bids will only cause chaos due to the three games being hosted in South America, it should have been the Paraguay - Chile - Argentina - Uruguay bid and then Spain - Morocco - Portugal for 2034.

THE GUARDIAN: World Cup 2030 to be hosted in Spain, Portugal, Morocco … and South America

The decision, which caught even seasoned Fifa watchers by surprise, means that World Cup 2030 will involve teams playing in six countries, each of which will qualify automatically. The World Cup has never been played on more than one continent before and proposals for a tournament to be played over thousands of miles was met with shock by climate groups.

The decision, and the timing, appeared to pave the way for Saudi Arabia to host the World Cup in 2034 and within hours the kingdom unveiled its bid for that tournament. The Saudis had once been expected to lead a bid alongside Greece and Egypt for 2030, only to stand aside earlier this year. Now, with Fifa inviting bids from Asia and Oceania to host in 2034, the Saudi Football Federation said it intends to bid alone.

Fifa is committed to rotating World Cups between confederations and although the Uefa/Caf bid was the favourite for 2030, Conmebol – the South American confederation – has not hosted a World Cup since 2014 and was looking to commemorate the centenary of the first World Cup, held in Uruguay in 1930. Infantino said the first match of the 2030 tournament would be held at the Estádio Centenário in Montevideo, the same venue as the first World Cup.

It is anticipated that Saudi Arabia will not be the only bidders for 2034 with Australia an interested party, perhaps alongside Indonesia, the world’s fourth most populous country. There may also be a proposal from China, which once set its sights on hosting the World Cup by 2030. But the Saudis, who are spending billions on football through the Public Investment Fund, appear to be in pole position.

Yasser al-Misehal, the president of the Saudi Football Federation, said: “We believe the time is right for Saudi Arabia to host the Fifa World Cup. Our bid is driven by a love for the game and a desire to see it grow in every corner of the world.”

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

@PopA911 I’ll be there in Portugal then. 

I was about to say that I wanted to leave the country whenever a game happened :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

I was about to say that I wanted to leave the country whenever a game happened :gaycat6:

Why lol? At least they play real football, not American camp one. 

Just now, Steve Johnson said:

Why lol? At least they play real football, not American camp one. 

I don't know, I really couldn't give less of a **** about that sport and the country will be overcrowded so it's a nice time to travel I think.

Just now, PopA911 said:

I don't know, I really couldn't give less of a **** about that sport and the country will be overcrowded so it's a nice time to travel I think.

CR7 is from there, support him. 

Well, at least we have the stadiums built already. Can't be as financially disastrous as the Euro 2004.

:clack:

2 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

Still 7 years to plan a trip. 
I like sports especially Football and Tennis. Real Madrid & Roger Federer will forever have my heart. 

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Well, at least we have the stadiums built already. Can't be as financially disastrous as the Euro 2004.

:clack:

Lol

2 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

CR7 is from there, support him. 

I’d rather stab myself in the eye :gaycat1:

4 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

I’d rather stab myself in the eye :gaycat1:

Why? Lol. Any personal vendetta or a Messi fan?

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Why? Lol. Any personal vendetta or a Messi fan?

I don’t like him. And I have no opinion on Messi, I just never watch the sport :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

I don’t like him. And I have no opinion on Messi, I just never watch the sport :deadbanana4:

Ok. Sorry for irritating you lol. 

• Confused 1

Happy to see 2022 semi-finalists Morocco snatching this event. :clap3:

@GentleDance's Grindr is gonna be popping in 2030!

OODmgwn.gif

• Haha 1

Spaniards seeing foreigners for 2 months on their streets, in the subway and restaurants

Homelander The Boys Season3 GIF - Homelander The Boys Season3 Exhale -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by unclefloprry
  • Haha 1

RockStarShit101
17 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Spaniards seeing foreigners for 2 months on their streets, in the subway and restaurants

Homelander The Boys Season3 GIF - Homelander The Boys Season3 Exhale -  Discover & Share GIFs

where's that man's lips? :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.