Shall Taylor Swift replace Carrie Underwood for NFL 2024?

Angelo

Shall Taylor Swift replace Carrie Underwood to sing the Sunday Night Anthem for NFL 2024?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Shall Taylor Swift replace Carrie Underwood to sing the Sunday Night Anthem for NFL 2024?

Shall Taylor Swift replace Carrie Underwood to sing the Sunday Night Anthem for NFL 2024?

Carrie replaced Faith Hill like 10+ years ago. Is it time for another replacement? 

Taylor is too big for that. And why would she replace someone who's not sick, nor pregnant, and in perfectly good health? 

No, Carrie has been doing this for such a long time. There's no need to replace her when she has become a staple and is still going strong.

1) Taylor does not need it

2) Taylor is bigger than that gig

3) Carrie is great at it

4) the NFL could not afford her

And cheapen her brand? 

27 minutes ago, byzantium said:

4) the NFL could not afford her

According to reports, Carrie gets $1 Million a week for this. What makes you think they couldn’t afford her?

11 minutes ago, JC. said:

According to reports, Carrie gets $1 Million a week for this. What makes you think they couldn’t afford her?

Don’t get me wrong, that is a lot of money.  But if Taylor wanted to make $17 million she could just extend her tour for a weekend in any city of her choosing.  Given her demonstrated power to pull in viewers and potential risk to her career for being associated with a brand like the NFL, I don’t really see her doing it for under $4 million a week.  That would make her paid more than any player and given the decline in viewership, I don’t see where that money would be coming from. 

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Carrie needs the job. So, no.

???

Carrie is still one of the biggest female country artists of her generation. She doesn't need it and purely does it because it brings her joy.

• Like 1

i had no idea that this was a thing. is there a new version every week or only one version a year (that plays every week)? 

but the answer is no regardless of it. 

1 hour ago, brraap said:

And cheapen her brand? 

So going to football games and causing a spectacle for a little fling isn’t cheapening her brand but performing the NFL theme song is? Ok

I didn't even know this was a thing :rip: Taylor is way too big for these local events

58 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

So going to football games and causing a spectacle for a little fling isn’t cheapening her brand but performing the NFL theme song is? Ok

I mean, the answer is yes lol… her brand as a celebrity is insanely enough being boosted just by appearing at these games

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

I mean, the answer is yes lol… her brand as a celebrity is insanely enough being boosted just by appearing at these games

I mean, I would argue the NFL is the one getting the boost, not her. I would say many (or even most) NFL fans clearly don't care about her. 

Isn’t Carrie only known for one song? Before He Cheats?

Nah, Carrie pulls off the power vocals here too well. It’s great to see her involved in several sports :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

I mean, I would argue the NFL is the one getting the boost, not her. I would say many (or even most) NFL fans clearly don't care about her. 

Yet she is all over the social media. 

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

Isn’t Carrie only known for one song? Before He Cheats?

Inside Your Heaven, sweetie...

Jesus, Take the Wheel, sweetie...

Wasted, sweetie...

So Small, sweetie...

Last Name, sweetie...

All-American Girl, sweetie...

Cowboy Casanova, sweetie...

Undo It, sweetie...

Blown Away, sweetie...

I am so sorry...:deadbanana2:

Edited by nostalgic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.