Speaker of the House 🇺🇸 Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

1 hour ago, spree said:

what if MTG replaces him? lol

She would NEVER get 218 votes (out of 221). She wouldn’t even come close :rip:

Is that the old ass man that doses off during his speeches? v funny 

aw I wanted more funny moments like that. I hope there’s recordings of him from Hell.

• Confused 1

What caused him to get ousted?

56 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Is that the old ass man that doses off during his speeches? v funny 

aw I wanted more funny moments like that. I hope there’s recordings of him from Hell.

I hope you aren’t American ****

• Like 1

Isn’t this bad? Doesn’t this mean that the far right Republicans outnumber the less trashier but still trash Republicans in Congress?

As awful as a government shutdown would be for so many, the only silver lining is it wouldn’t be possible for Republicans to blame it on Biden. Gaetz himself said that loudly and clearly. If there is a shut down that will cause major damage to Republicans come election time. They’re handing Biden a campaign talking point on a silver platter. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Is this a good thing though… 

No, there will be more extremism. 

1 minute ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Isn’t this bad? Doesn’t this mean that the far right Republicans outnumber the less trashier but still trash Republicans in Congress?

There’s 18 republicans in districts Biden won. Republicans have one of the slimmest majority’s in American history, they’re not going to be sprinting to elect a psycho. 

54 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

What caused him to get ousted?

He was on thin ice from day 1 with a bunch of hard right members who absolutely hated his guts and eventually installed insane rules just to get him the speakership but make it very easy to oust him. 

Last week he had to pass a bill that had to get democratic votes to keep the government funded and that was the final straw for a few members who already hated him and wanted him gone anyway. 

He then offers no concessions whatsoever to democrats to help him keep the job, so they said **** it and voted unanimously to get him out, alone with 8 GOP members who hate him and never wanted him to have the job anyway 

• Like 1

I don't understand making such a drastic removal and not immediately having a backup ready to go.  Especially when a shutdown is always looming.  

7 minutes ago, spree said:

I don't understand making such a drastic removal and not immediately having a backup ready to go.  Especially when a shutdown is always looming.  

Because those 8 who voted to oust him don’t care about governing. They represent the crazies republicans have been pandering too, hard, for the last 30 years. They. Do. Not. Care

8 hours ago, Bears01 said:

They are BIG MAD: 

This is hilarious :biblionana:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Administrator

Yikes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Communion said:

Actually, it did almost happen, but sadly progressives didn't seem to have the same kind of dedication to their (completely different in moral and ethics) causes that MAGA Republicans seem to:

True. Do we have any quotes on the record on this from the Progressive Caucus? Ignoring this posts implications on horseshoe theory, all I’m seeing here is further down this screengrab from AOC which raises an interesting point on opportunity cost re: minimum wage, etc.? I’m curious on disagreement with her on the points she brings up within the conference at the time if there was any you recalled or your thoughts on her points now. Full disclosure, I’ve been too distracted with the presidential race to assess any lessons re: M4A as the flag to unite on in tanking any speaker.

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yikes 

So we’ve gone from white nationalist adjacent to actual white nationalist.

Lovely. :coffee2:

Bye pumpkin. Rot in hell along with other republicans now. 

Edited by truthteller

Matt Gaetz Succeeds Ted Cruz as the Most Hated Man in Congress (advocate.com)

With Gaetz and Cruz it's all a vicious circle. No less an authority on losers, Lindsey Graham once said, “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”

With Graham's logic, if Matt Gaetz was attacked on the House floor tonight, jubilant Republicans would carry the assailant out on their shoulders in celebration.

:gaycatx:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.