Speaker of the House 🇺🇸 Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

I’m sorry I have to laugh at the utter dysfunction :bibliahh:@Espresso

They all HATE each other lmfao the future books that will be written lmao 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

At this point regardless of your political affiliation and views, how you can support the Republican party with their inability to form any sense or order and control shows they do not deserve to have control of the House right now. They are a disaster for the US until they get it in order and it is hurting everyone

• Like 3

2 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

At this point regardless of your political affiliation and views, how you can support the Republican party with their inability to form any sense or order and control shows they do not deserve to have control of the House right now. They are a disaster for the US until they get it in order and it is hurting everyone

Yeah, don’t get me wrong I don’t like establishment Dems, but this level of dysfunction and chaos is not good for the country. 

This is what happens when the Republican establishment lets the extremists take over the party, and it’s only going to get worse down the line too. 

Just now, Bears01 said:

Yeah, don’t get me wrong I don’t like establishment Dems, but this level of dysfunction and chaos is not good for the country. 

This is what happens when the Republican establishment lets the extremists take over the party, and it’s only going to get worse down the line too. 

Right 💀 If this was Dems or anyone else I’d be equally pissed. Grow tf up and work with the other side and figure it out if you don’t have unification in your own party. Stop just throwing the same sure losses at it and hoping and wasting everyone’s time. It is insane to me every day Americans at work will collaborate with coworkers they don’t like and deal with it to get work done and these people are supposed to be our leaders and refuse. This is just another reason why there needs to be hard term limits in Congress (meaning never being able to run again ever for Congress). They’re more concerned with preserving their seat with their party than doing wtf the country needs them to do 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Right 💀 If this was Dems or anyone else I’d be equally pissed. Grow tf up and work with the other side and figure it out if you don’t have unification in your own party. Stop just throwing the same sure losses at it and hoping and wasting everyone’s time. It is insane to me every day Americans at work will collaborate with coworkers they don’t like and deal with it to get work done and these people are supposed to be our leaders and refuse. This is just another reason why there needs to be hard term limits in Congress (meaning never being able to run again ever for Congress). They’re more concerned with preserving their seat with their party than doing wtf the country needs them to do 

If there’s one issue the progressive caucus and freedom caucus have kind of United on (other than generally being anti war) it’s congressional term limits, and I’m totally in favor of it. I think 90%+ of Americans would be in favor of it, and it’s one those few issues that everyone outside of congress can say “yeah, a no brainer” along with banning stocks trading in congress and generally getting $$ out of politics (even though oddly enough, democrats have been benefitting more with $$ in politics as their voting demographics have changed), but republicans opened those floodgates with citizens United 

Edited by Bears01

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

If there’s one issue the progressive caucus and freedom caucus have kind of United on (other than generally being anti war) it’s congressional term limits, and I’m totally in favor of it. I think 90%+ of Americans would be in favor of it, and it’s one those few issues that everyone outside of congress can say “yeah, a no brainer” along with banning stocks trading in congress and generally getting $$ out of politics (even though oddly enough, democrats have been benefitting more with $$ in politics as their voting demographics have changed), but republicans opened those floodgates with citizens United 

I feel like sooooo much would be helped by those term limits and removing lobbying and trading in Congress. Congress definitely has too much power imo 

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan's office said the third round of voting for House speaker will take place Friday morning at 10 a.m., and two hours earlier, at 8 a.m., Jordan will be holding a news conference.  

The Ohio Republican is pressing on with his bid to become the next speaker of the House after a plan he supported to temporarily empower the interim speaker was met with opposition from his fellow GOP lawmakers on Thursday.

The Ohio Republican said he wanted to "talk with the 20 individuals who voted against me so that we can move forward and begin to work for the American people." He met with the holdouts on Capitol Hill, and said the party is "trying to get unified as soon as we can." But there was no sign that he had changed any minds during the meeting. Rep. Carlos A. Giménez, one of Jordan's detractors, said he hasn't moved on his position. "We're still in the same spot. He doesn't have the votes to be speaker."

Source

Curious to see what he'll say at this press conference...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.