Is Too Much Skincare A Turn Off?

BletaRexher

Healthy clean skin is attractive.  Do what you need to do to have that.  

I use a moisturizer and a cleanser and my skin looks better as a result.  Am I any less masculine for having better skin? 

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Delirious

• Cain

• Leptine

The same people who bash men for taking care of themselves are the some ones making fun of men with acne and wrinkles

• Like 2

and why are we even discussing if using xxx amount of skincare is non masculine etc.? who cares lol

im sorry but stanning pop girlies and fighting over them + commenting on female bodies maliciously is the least masculine thing a man could do :gaycat5:

• Like 1

Just another “is femininity in men a turn off?” thread, since skincare is associated with being feminine. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the wet face effect but not all the skincare usage lead to that result, I'm favorable to skincare and in the last years I started it as well, however for me it makes sense only if it's an add to an overall healthy lifestyle, if you smoke and then being obsessed with skincare, that is absurd, however in general there's nothing wrong with being into that.

6 hours ago, Fleahive said:

My moisturizer is $100 and my cleanser is $30. No serums though. Am I masc?

$100 moisturizer?  It better be made with the tears of a newborn, the blood of a virgin and grant you eternal youth :biblionana:

• Haha 1

I don’t really do any of that personally - although I should start, so I can stay looking young! - but I think that associating it with masculinity or femininity is a mistake. Like anything else it’s possible to go overboard with it, but such cases are very, very rare. I’ve never seen that kind of person in real life. Most people just want to take care of themselves, and there’s nothing wrong with that or unattractive about it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Headlock said:

And she’s in her 40s looking like she’s in her 20s, I think I’ll follow the actual physician’s advice about skincare and not someone who genders washing your face :rip:

42 minutes ago, Reginald said:

She has amazing skin. Literally the definition of ageless and unclockable, without resorting to procedures, surgery, or injections.

For me, it's a turn-off to see people walking around looking like dried up leather purses. 

She's vegan, doesn't smoke, always protect herself from sun to the point she goes in the pool dressed basically, it's not just skincare but an overall healthy lifestyle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delirious said:

Skincare is important. Acne is a turn off sorry. 

Acne has nothing to do with skin care or hygiene, its literally a genetic condition.

ot: most of the time its a hobby and I like when people have hobbies and can tell me about it. I don't have much thoughts about it apart from that like... who cares?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Negev said:

I don't like your posts on this topic, at all. Maybe you're born with the privilege of flawless skin, but a lot of people suffer from unbalanced skin and acne. Taking care of your skin to present better to the world isn't bad, getting a facial isn't bad, working out is good for you, having dietary discipline is good for you. It all comes down to how well you treat your body & soul. I wouldn't ridicule someone because they positively treat themselves a certain way. Am I going to raise an eyebrow over an obese person eating out? Yes, I will, because their body is screaming for help and they're hurting it. Same for an acne ridden face on someone who neglects themselves. 

Skincare is a resolution to a problem. You're enlightened and know you're being sold excessive items for monetary gain of others- that's great! Because this is the case for most things in our lifetime. We're being oversold material things, overwhelmed with ideas and information and overfed. 

I don't have perfect skin. I have a scar on my nose from falling face first onto concrete and acne problems. I'm just not going to be told I'm ugly because I don't believe in a ten step nightly routine. I also am not afraid of looking older than 20 like most of the people in this thread. Aging is apart of life.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

And she’s in her 40s looking like she’s in her 20s, I think I’ll follow the actual physician’s advice about skincare and not someone who genders washing your face :rip:

She does not look like any 20 year old bffr

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

She looks like she is in her 40s but with great skin

Do not lie to yourself

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, skankle said:

I once went home with someone from the club and they did their 12 stage Korean skincare routine before coming to bed for the worst sex I ever had. Was kind of endearing and sweet though! Otherwise I genuinely do not care.

That's because they did it before the s3x. I always do the wildest things then kick them out, do my skincare so I feel Cleansed™️ and then I go to bed feeling hot and pure :alexz3:

I mean if you like dirty men just say that

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

$100 moisturizer?  It better be made with the tears of a newborn, the blood of a virgin and grant you eternal youth :biblionana:

It’s created and owned by a dermatologist and website pics claims it reduces fine lines which I don’t have but I bought anyways and have been loyal to the brand ever since for some reason. And for some reason you can buy it on the Walmart website discounted $40 so I really only pay 60 if that makes it any better

Edited by Fleahive

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don't have perfect skin. I have a scar on my nose from falling face first onto concrete and acne problems. I'm just not going to be told I'm ugly because I don't believe in a ten step nightly routine. I also am not afraid of looking older than 20 like most of the people in this thread. Aging is apart of life.

At the end it's genetic mostly, lifestyle, health condition and tones of other factors, skincare alone won't never do the job to make you look younger, like Jared Leto and Ryan Philippe don't look so much younger than their age because of skincare.

8 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Yall really like men who wipe their ass, balls, and face with the same towel

haha-i-do-that-vine.gif

9 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

I’ve been seeing a rise in ads pushing skincare to men. While the basics like cleaning and moisturizing when you’re dry are normal, I think some guys are taking it too far. To me personally when I see a guy with a completely plump face that looks wet 24/7 it’s a massive turn off. It may be because I'm attracted to more masculine presenting men but does any one else have this turn off?

no hate if you’re this type I know most people are attracted to it.

This website makes me want to delete my account sometimes. 

Since when is taking care of yourself a feminine-only trait? 

If you don't take care of your skin, you can get sun damage, breakouts, and/or premature signs of aging. So, yeah, it should NOT be a turn off to avoid your skin looking like someone who smoked a pack of cigarettes for 20 years. 

If having a skincare regimen is such a turn-off for you, I don't think the problem lies with "feminine" men. The problem lies in your perspective. I'd challenge you to not fixate on inconsequential factors, like properly taking care of your skin, and have qualifiers such as a man that openly communicates with you, his friends/family being supportive of you, your partner being there for you for the good and bad times, and a partner who makes you feel safe. THOSE things matter. 

Edited by zasderfght
  • Like 2

you want somebody dirty ? 

2 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Acne has nothing to do with skin care or hygiene, its literally a genetic condition.

ot: most of the time its a hobby and I like when people have hobbies and can tell me about it. I don't have much thoughts about it apart from that like... who cares?

Yea you're right, I was a little harsh in my original comment as some people will always have acne even after tretinoin, accurate etc and it sucks but it's still unfortunately an conventionally unattractive feature 

3 hours ago, zasderfght said:

This website makes me want to delete my account sometimes. 

There’s a button for that!

My skincare routine:

-wash face with water

- apply Nivea creme

Never had skin problems.

Not really. They can have 20 skincare products, I can have 20 hair products. No more bath counter space :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.