Is Too Much Skincare A Turn Off?

BletaRexher

If you only drink water and eat healthy you really don’t need to use that many products 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Delirious

• Cain

• Leptine

2 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

I’ve been seeing a rise in ads pushing skincare to men. While the basics like cleaning and moisturizing when you’re dry are normal, I think some guys are taking it too far. To me personally when I see a guy with a completely plump face that looks wet 24/7 it’s a massive turn off. It may be because I'm attracted to more masculine presenting men but does any one else have this turn off?

no hate if you’re this type I know most people are attracted to it.

I think you are confusing with male makeup.

Skincare should not leave you greasy

• Like 1

imagine thinking a skincare routine is a turn off :rip: enjoy the sunspots ig

For a lot of a vain metrosexual gay men their "beauty" is their only saving trait, they can’t shine with their intelligence or culture and they’re too lazy and undisciplined to flourish in their career. It’s sad really because they’re spending thousands into something that’s mostly genetic, once that clock runs out they’ll come to reality (I hope). 

Edited by Take Me Apart

I never really understood the hype behind skin care. Many products are just scams and so much to having "good skin" just depends on genetics. You can spend hundreds of dollars and have bad skin, and you can spend little to none and have great skin. :michael:

Good skin is a turn-on.

For some people, that might take 3 products. For others, it might take 10. 

Only because I'm insecure about my own looks :thing: I don't want my man to look better than me :thing:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Saint James said:

i never see people with wet faces. only celebs and that’s from cosmetic enhancements 

This is a dermatologist on YouTube who frequently has wet looking skin:

spacer.png

I've definitely seen skincare obsessed people look wet like this irl or online.

Imagine basing masculinity and feminity on dumb **** like this :rip:

if I noticed my boyfriend ever being on a gossip-like website such as ATRL, I feel like that would be much more of an anti-masculine turn off if we're gonna go there, ironically enough

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

Yes you’re either the worst kind of gay or the worst kind of straight. Same with eyebrows.

the gays with the plucked eyebrows :deadbanana4:

OT : i love a good skin but you really don’t need more than 3-4 products max on your face a day 

maybe im just biased bc i have near flawless skin and don’t use anything but a tea tree oil cleanser and some cremes here and there :gaycat:

38 minutes ago, Saint James said:

i never see people with wet faces. only celebs and that’s from cosmetic enhancements 

Literally, the only thing I can think of is people with that kind of "plastic" shine to their faces which... isn't skincare let's say that :gaycatx:

OT: Some of you have far too many hang ups about masculinity for men who suck dick :rip:

Imagine thinking taking care of your skin so you don't look like a sun damaged, wrinkled prune by 30 is a turn off :rip:

Wow gay men are insane... IF you don't have perfect unblemished skin, it's a turn off. If you take care of your skin, it's a turn off...

• Like 2

Nope, a turn on actually.

• Like 1

I love skincare and I love someone who loves to pamper themselves. Also I’m into feminine presenting men so makeup isn’t a turn off either. 

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

One popular derm on YouTube recommended using sunscreen indoors because of UV radiation from lights. 

And he's right!!!? You need to wear sunscreen all the time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

The problem is we internalize these messages regardless of what we think of capitalism. Look at the amount of commenters treating acne and looking older than your age as a personal moral failing of some kind. People are going to age differently depending on a lot of factors and we shouldn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars a month on our ******* skin. 

I don't like your posts on this topic, at all. Maybe you're born with the privilege of flawless skin, but a lot of people suffer from unbalanced skin and acne. Taking care of your skin to present better to the world isn't bad, getting a facial isn't bad, working out is good for you, having dietary discipline is good for you. It all comes down to how well you treat your body & soul. I wouldn't ridicule someone because they positively treat themselves a certain way. Am I going to raise an eyebrow over an obese person eating out? Yes, I will, because their body is screaming for help and they're hurting it. Same for an acne ridden face on someone who neglects themselves. 

Skincare is a resolution to a problem. You're enlightened and know you're being sold excessive items for monetary gain of others- that's great! Because this is the case for most things in our lifetime. We're being oversold material things, overwhelmed with ideas and information and overfed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

That's because of tretinoin/retinoids

I feel like the skincare industry is all a scam. I get so many compliments on my skin/"drop the routine!!" and all I do is apply lotion + sunscreen???

It’s not about being “masculine”, it’s that it robs people’s faces of any uniqueness or personality. Everyone looking like some freaky, sexless porcelain doll. 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

And she’s in her 40s looking like she’s in her 20s, I think I’ll follow the actual physician’s advice about skincare and not someone who genders washing your face :rip:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

She has amazing skin. Literally the definition of ageless and unclockable, without resorting to procedures, surgery, or injections.

For me, it's a turn-off to see people walking around looking like dried up leather purses. 

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 1

I once went home with someone from the club and they did their 12 stage Korean skincare routine before coming to bed for the worst sex I ever had. Was kind of endearing and sweet though! Otherwise I genuinely do not care.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.