Is Too Much Skincare A Turn Off?

BletaRexher

I’ve been seeing a rise in ads pushing skincare to men. While the basics like cleaning and moisturizing when you’re dry are normal, I think some guys are taking it too far. To me personally when I see a guy with a completely plump face that looks wet 24/7 it’s a massive turn off. It may be because I'm attracted to more masculine presenting men but does any one else have this turn off?

no hate if you’re this type I know most people are attracted to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 16
  • Thumbs Down 9

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Delirious

• Cain

• Leptine

Yes you’re either the worst kind of gay or the worst kind of straight. Same with eyebrows.

• Like 4

It's definitely a turnoff for me if a guy is obsessed with skin care.

• Like 1

applying 100 different products is bad for you anyways

• Like 1

not really a turn off but people do love to waste money on skincare.

i was really into it at one point but honestly don't think most products do much at all. 

• Like 1

The Korean 10-step skincare routine that was a trend during Covid lockdowns is very much a turn off..all of a sudden everyone was a skin care expert on YouTube. Now it seems like the trend has died. 

Cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen is enough. (Additional retinol) 

• Haha 1

Imagine not using skin care. No.

I would like a man with good skin and who ages well. Too many of you gen z are getting too comfortable with looking 40 at 25. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

Skincare is important. Acne is a turn off sorry. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cain said:

How is skincare not masculine? You guys are such weirdos

It’s fine, but the problem is it’s become a huge business and a lot of people are buying way too many products when some aren’t even doing the bare minimum of staying hydrated. I also feel very skeptical of some dermatologists recommending the amount of sunscreen they do. One popular derm on YouTube recommended using sunscreen indoors because of UV radiation from lights. Performative skincare and performative cleanliness is becoming an issue with the rise of social media. 

Yall really like men who wipe their ass, balls, and face with the same towel

• Haha 13

No. BAD skin is a turn off. 

Skjncare routine is only a turn off if they’re like “You use THAT cleanser? Oh..”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

JustLikeHoney

I love skincare. :rip:

I'm obsessed with watching Doctorly on YouTube.  

You are right. There are many products that can make your face look greasy, but you have to keep going until you find the ones that are good for you and gives you the results you want. I don't walk around with an oily face, but I like how my skin has changed for the better when using moisturizing products. 

You can just use moisturizer at night and use sunblock SPF 30 or higher preferably mineral during the day if you don't want to put anything else on your face during the day or at the very least just sunblock during the day if you don't want sun damage. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Skin care isn’t a turn off. Oily & greasy skin is but that’s not just from skin care….

23 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It’s fine, but the problem is it’s become a huge business and a lot of people are buying way too many products when some aren’t even doing the bare minimum of staying hydrated. I also feel very skeptical of some dermatologists recommending the amount of sunscreen they do. One popular derm on YouTube recommended using sunscreen indoors because of UV radiation from lights. Performative skincare and performative cleanliness is becoming an issue with the rise of social media. 

I mean obviously, but welcome to capitalism :skull: Diets aren’t real, excessive workouts everyday are actually the opposite of healthy for your body, and getting veneers is bad for your teeth

The beauty industry is not meant to make you healthier and actually better, it’s meant to sell you ****

• Like 1

Just now, Cain said:

I mean obviously, but welcome to capitalism :skull: Diets aren’t real, excessive workouts everyday are actually the opposite of healthy for your body, and getting veneers is bad for your teeth

The beauty industry is not meant to make you healthier and actually better, it’s meant to sell you ****

The problem is we internalize these messages regardless of what we think of capitalism. Look at the amount of commenters treating acne and looking older than your age as a personal moral failing of some kind. People are going to age differently depending on a lot of factors and we shouldn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars a month on our ******* skin. 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

The problem is we internalize these messages regardless of what we think of capitalism. Look at the amount of commenters treating acne and looking older than your age as a personal moral failing of some kind. People are going to age differently depending on a lot of factors and we shouldn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars a month on our ******* skin. 

I agree, but doing so doesn’t make you emasculine (to bring it back to the topic)

Just now, Cain said:

I agree, but doing so doesn’t make you emasculine (to bring it back to the topic)

I think having 4699590 different products is feminine, and might be a turnoff for people. Other people might love femboys so it’s fine though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Step 1. Water based cleanser 

Step 2. Oil based cleanser 

Step 3. Toner

Step 4. Essence 

Step 5. Serums

Step 6. Masks

Step 7. Red Light Therapy

Step 8. Facial massage tools

Step 9. Eye patches 

Step 10. Retinol

Step 11. Vitamin C 

Step 12. La Mer Creme 

Am I Masc enough? :cm:

JustLikeHoney
3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I agree to a certain extent about capitalism. Like if you are spending $500 on La Mer, but are behind on your bills, you might be delusional.  But there is plenty of quality skin care at good prices. Also LaMer is basically Vaseline with algae. I don't know why people buy it. I don't really care much about others opinions on my face. I used to. But for me it's just a me time before bed. A routine that is all mine that makes me feel good.  Starting with how a the usual oral care and then skin care and hair care. 

Routines centered around personal care are good for people IMO as long as there is no expectations.

Depends. My x boyfriend was a farmer anf like a total guy and he wasnt into all that stuff. 

I am using ig cause i have bad skin so i have to maintain it but i don't go crazy. 

My boyfriend's skin is kinda perfect so he never used anything. 

Overall i don't think skin care is a, turn off at all as long as it doesn't go overboard. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.