Nebraska to make conversion therapy official treatment for minors w/ gender dysphoria

Communion

Children shouldn't be encouraged to transition. 

Edit: Let me rephrase, people should wait until they're older, at least 18, before medically transitioning.

Edited by Abel Minaj
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 24

Why is it so hard for people to let children make their own choices until they are adults?

Adults really should not have any influence unless the kid is putting themselves in danger or someone else

10 minutes ago, Abel Minaj said:

Neither should be discouraged from being who they are

You should just listen and see how you can develop them in the best way possible

Is not hard to listen to kids and understand them, but most parents want them to be a person that they are not

• Like 8

These public officials can never stay out of ppl's bodies. It's so gross. 

• Like 2

This is really outrageous. I'm honestly speechless. This has been going WAY too far, and something MUST be done. :biblio:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Abel Minaj said:

Leave LGBT children alone. I knew that I was gay since I was a child. Conversion therapy is not just disgusting, it's a form of genocide and I don't care how controversial this sounds. These attacks on LGBT people worldwide are vile and it's disgusting how society just tolerates it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Conversion camps are literally GROOMING. This is sick let kids be what they wanna be. If they grow out of it then so be it! 

• Like 4

This will have the opposite effect of what they are expecting 

They may have concerns about therapy encouraging children to transition but therapy discouraging transitioning is not the answer.  If someone has gender dysphoria no-one in a therapy setting should be pushing an anti-trans agenda. 

13 hours ago, Abel Minaj said:

Edit: Let me rephrase, people should wait until they're older, at least 18, before medically transitioning.

And guess the **** what, THEY ARE ENCOURAGED TO GIVE IT TIME. That is what puberty blockers are for, and yet you people still want to take those away. 

Let me make something very clear, TRANSITIONING DOES NOT MEAN SEX CHANGE. IT DOES NOT MEAN SURGERY. IT DOES NOT MEAN LIFE-ALTERING PROCEDURES. Transitioning in the beginning can be as simple as going by a different name or pronoun, or just wearing appropriate clothing.

Puberty blockers is the middleground so many people claim to have wanted in the past. It gives kids time to grow up and decide what they want.

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, Abel Minaj said:

For transparency, a collective decision has been made to permanently ban this member. Thinly-veiled transphobia is not welcome on ATRL. 

• Thanks 5

I almost think this would INCREASE the suicide rate instead of helping even remotely at all.  You can't force people to act completely different to how they want to, just because of the bible.  This is crazy.   They should all be ashamed of themselves, and I hope it completely backfires on them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.