Saoirse Ronan & Paul Mescal's new movie 'Foe' debut 0% on RottenTomatoes. Thoughts?

AaronBryceSufjan

Lion was mid so I’m not surprised. 

• Like 3

Sometimes talented actors pick bad scripts. Plenty of show stopping performers have been in their fair share of ****. I don’t think that means those performers are any less talented. 

Paul for example also has a movie dropping that has like a 94 on Metacritic. Sometimes the script just isn’t it, but you live and learn! 

Looking forward to seeing it anyhow and looking forward to what these two incredible and gifted actors have coming next. 

Edited by Mr. Mendes

The Letterboxd folks just fell down to their knees as we speak:priceless:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

paul will be okay, he is constantly and consistently working. unfortunately saoirse OTOH is not and only works like once a year, so reviews in general will impact her the hardest. i want better for ha and to start being more ambitious tbh

nobody would have care about this movie with 0% or with 45% or 65%. The typical came and went project anyways. 

And I thought Poolman would be the worst reviewed movie to come out of the festival circuit. :rip:

Their performances are being praised and what they're dragging is the script and the director so they'll be fine 

well that's a shame with such talent attached to it

but to be honest nobody cares about indie panned movies. blockbuster panned movies are the ones fun to bash

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lion was mid so I’m not surprised. 

is that the same director?

that was such good movie you heartless monster

i remember watching it with the whole family years ago, we were all sobbing at the end :dies:

6 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

well that's a shame with such talent attached to it

but to be honest nobody cares about indie panned movies. blockbuster panned movies are the ones fun to bash

is that the same director?

that was such good movie you heartless monster

i remember watching it with the whole family years ago, we were all sobbing at the end :dies:

Lion was cute, but it fell apart after they switched over to Dev Patel. 

I truly dodged a bullet with this one at the New York Film Festival :rip:

1 hour ago, futurenostalgic said:

paul will be okay, he is constantly and consistently working. unfortunately saoirse OTOH is not and only works like once a year, so reviews in general will impact her the hardest. i want better for ha and to start being more ambitious tbh

She's the lead in Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave, Widows) next film so she's doing fine. 

No Gaga No Critical Acclaim

well, Paul Mescal is still mega hot and this doesn't change anything :heart: :keir:

it’s weird i was looking forward to this because i like the author of the book it’s based on but i’m also not surprised, the trailer looks so lifeless and drab in a way that doesn’t feel intentional 

I don't trust critics but I wouldn't watch anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.