WaPo: CA Gov. Newsom considering 7 women to replace Dianne Feinstein

jakeisphat

According to The Washington Post, Democratic party leaders know of 7 women Gavin Newsom is considering to replace Dianne Feinstein following her death:

Karen Bass - Mayor of Los Angeles

Angela Glover Blackwell - Civil Rights Attorney, Founder of PolicyLink

London Breed - Mayor of San Francisco

Sydney Kamlager-Dove - U.S. Congresswoman (CA-37)

Leondra Kruger - California Supreme Court Justice

Holly Mitchell - Los Angeles County Supervisor

Shirley Weber - California Secretary of State

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/29/newsom-feinstein-senate-seat-appointment/

Newsom committed to picking a black woman if the seat became open, but has announced that he refuses to pick Rep. Barbara Lee since she is currently running for the seat - saying he doesn't want to tip the scale of the 2024 primary. However, the filing deadline is December 8th. So whoever is appointed could still choose to run for the seat after appointment. Do you approve of anyone on the shortlist?

I don't think he will choose Karen Bass simply because that LA election seemed close considering Caruso switched from the Republican Party to the Democrat party and almost won as a DINO.

I remember when they filled Kamala's seat with the first Latino senator of California and people complained why they gave it(the seat) to a Latino person when Latino's are the largest ethnic group in California; I think some people wanted Kamala to be replaced with a black female but having a Latino person was also a big deal considering this is the first time a Latino person occupied the seat.

I wonder how this upcomming election will play out; will the Californian people eventually vote in a DINO or keep Newsom's pick?

Edited by Junipero

Not one of the women being 79 years old :rip: 

Edited by Leppie
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Revolution said:

as long as it is a black women, idgaf.

Why does that matter so much?

Whoever is closest to that Adam Schiff in ideology will most probably be picked.

1 minute ago, Mean Trees said:

Whoever is closest to that Adam Schiff in ideology will most probably be picked.

Senator London Breed ladies and gentleman! :toofunny2:

It doesn’t make sense to pick Lee otherwise he will tip the scale of the upcoming election and it would not be fair for the other people running. 
The problem here is that wherever is chosen it won’t be an interim senator because who on Earth would leave their current job to be a temporary senator? The person who is chosen will most likely run for a full term next year. 

5 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

It doesn’t make sense to pick Lee otherwise he will tip the scale of the upcoming election 

And? What's wrong with tipping the scales in favor of the best candidate?

• Like 1

"tipping the scales" :bibliahh:

only a democrat would have such a dumb ******* reason to not appoint someone **** you Gavin 

you will NEVER be president :bam:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

London Breed probably has it in the bag. Not only is she a cop lover, she’s also a SF mayor like Feinstein was, so it’d be a logical continuation of the same neoliberal rot that has plagued the California Democratic Party for decades :zzz: 

It's going to be London Breed and I already feel sick to my stomach!!!

23 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's going to be London Breed and I already feel sick to my stomach!!!

Nope: 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Nope: 

And let it be know that I expect Ms. Butler to give her endorsement for Ms. Barbara Lee come the primary!

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

And let it be know that I expect Ms. Butler to give her endorsement for Ms. Barbara Lee come the primary!

The Neolibs are crying tears of joy in the quote tweets, so that’s already a 🚩 in that department fam :(

I was rooting for Katie to win that seat, but she’s gotten a little too friendly with the MIC in her votes this congress. Sad! She was a breath of fresh air among Dems in swing seats for a while

12 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Nope: 

Another corporate hack...pretends to be shocked :dancehall2:

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The Neolibs are crying tears of joy in the quote tweets, so that’s already a 🚩 in that department fam :(

I was rooting for Katie to win that seat, but she’s gotten a little too friendly with the MIC in her votes this congress. Sad! She was a breath of fresh air among Dems in swing seats for a while

Butler was a campaign advisor to Kamala in her 2020 campaign and still remains on her team as a political consultant so this is basically going to get a lot of KHive happy. She was also largely part of the financial machine that has been backing Kamala since her entry into politics in 2010:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Butler was a campaign advisor to Kamala in her 2020 campaign and still remains on her team as a political consultant so this is basically going to get a lot of KHive happy. She was also largely part of the financial machine that has been backing Kamala since her entry into politics in 2010:

Another example of Democrats thinking: “she is a BLACK LGBTQ woman!!! Ignore everything else. All that matter is her skin color and her sexual orientation!!”

Meanwhile black voters: “healthcare, good jobs, and good schools, plz” 

Democrats: “but her gender and race!!”

More on SCN, Kamala and Butler:

Basically Lee is too distanced from Big Money and Butler will likely endorse Schiff come time for the primary to actually get going.

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Another example of Democrats thinking: “she is a BLACK LGBTQ woman!!! Ignore everything else. All that matter is her skin color and her sexual orientation!!”

Meanwhile black voters: “healthcare, good jobs, and good schools, plz” 

Democrats: “but her gender and race!!”

I think you’re missing the point. She was picked because she is completely unknown and has no experience running a winning campaign. Newsom picked someone who would either not run for the seat or not be able to win the seat. He said that he wanted to pick a caretaker and he most likely was successful

This really changes nothing, it is still between Schiff and Porter. Between those two, I’m hoping Porter comes out on top. But it seems like the whole Democratic Party is working to make Schiff the winner 

She’ll be free to run for a full term. It’s over for the other girls. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.