Loreen - "Is It Love"

RideOrDie

and still no trace of a follow up single or/an album :toofunny3: her booking random gigs left and right is not something a two-times Eurovision winner should be doing at this moment 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Danai G

• AlexLockhart

• Pendulum

26 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

and still no trace of a follow up single or/an album :toofunny3: her booking random gigs left and right is not something a two-times Eurovision winner should be doing at this moment 

New single should be in January/February and I’m going to wait for something more concrete before getting excited for an album

And the good sis hasn’t stopped for months, she’s currently on her tour which has been a huge success

Edited by nathanspears

Is It Love is my #2 biggest song of this year and Tatto is #5 so I cannot wait for the album :clap3: bring it!

• 2 weeks later...

Failure of the century. Random tv and radio appearances. No album. Single months after the win. No follow up promo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nooniebao said:

The guy at the end said album is coming in 2024

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Failure of the century. Random tv and radio appearances. No album. Single months after the win. No follow up promo. 

She’s been promoting Is It Love in France this month

On 12/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, nooniebao said:

She’s been promoting Is It Love in France this month

Yeah, but all of this promo has been to not avail, so far...After NRJ Awards Is It Love charted just for a few days on France's Spotify and then it disappeared. After the radio promo AND the appearance at Star Academy, one of the most popular programmes in France, Is It Love still didn't make an impact. 

Yes, Loreen is promoting the new single, but unfortunately it's not enough so far. I also think that she has completely abandoned Sweden, she only made an appearance on Swedish Idol and she does not even include Sweden (her own country) at the countries where the vinyl of Tattoo and Is It Love is shipped.

I don't know, I think that part of the reason why the new single hasn't made noise so far is because it was released too late after the Eurovision win and because it's not a strong follow-up. It's way too short, it's not that appealing and it's not very strong. I'm looking forward for the next single, which will probably be released in February. 

• Like 1

For some reason, Loreen keeps losing many listeners (and followers) on Spotify, although she has released a new single and a remix of Is It Love.

I really appreciate the fact that she does not rush to make new music but I seriously do not understand hers or her team's strategy...She has been recording new music for the past months, why hasn't she released anything new after Eurovision? She waited far too long to release Is It Love and the next single will be released between January or February (although on an interview that I read recently, she said February). 

Also, Polydor Records, Island Records and Universal Music Sweden did not even promote the new remix and they haven't done much to promote the single. Polydor Records do not even post about Loreen (they haven't promoted her since the release of the Is It Love music video) and Is It Love hasn't charted yet in UK.

I don't know guys, I think that I'm kinda disappointed...I expected Is It Love to do much better numbers, especially after all of these performances in Los 40 Awards, NRJ Awards, Sweden Idol or Star Academy. Maybe once the National Lottery and Helene Fisher's Show's performances get aired, Is It Love will chart in UK and Germany. 

Is It Love is doing fine. I feel like:

1) People are forgetting how massive Tattoo was and are unfairly comparing to it

2) People need to compare it to her other singles' performance. Is It Love has already outstreamed any single post-Heal including Statements. It's doing well.

I can't at people say she hasn't done promo... she hasn't stopped for months. Her tour really helped boost her streaming numbers. She has big TV shows in Germany and UK pre-recorded for over Christmas.

Yes, I do think she's not giving Sweden much attention but let's be honest, they haven't given her much attention either. They seem to be really pushing in the UK and France.

Yes, I do think the single should have come earlier but it is what it is. I hope they continue with the plan of a single in February in time for Melfest and then the album should come around Eurovision.

It also had 0 playlist support.

Edited by nathanspears

12 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I can't at people say she hasn't done promo... she hasn't stopped for months. Her tour really helped boost her streaming numbers. She has big TV shows in Germany and UK pre-recorded for over Christmas.

Yeah, I never denied that she has done promo for the song. And this is why I said that so far, it's strange that the promo didn't help a lot. She performed Is It Love in Los 40, the biggest music awards ceremony in Spain, yet it didn't have an impact. She performed it in Swedish Idol and then it left the Swedish charts. And Is It Love has yet to make an appearance at the french charts after the NRJ Awards. 

As for the streaming numbers, I'm not that sure about how much the tour helped...Loreen kept losing listeners on Spotify (understandable, since Tattoo was released almost one year ago, therefore most people who listened to Tattoo only without checking the rest of her discography would lose interest) and her other songs do not have drastic numbers. 

12 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Yes, I do think she's not giving Sweden much attention but let's be honest, they haven't given her much attention either. They seem to be really pushing in the UK and France.

Once again, I agree. Sweden once again seems to ignore Loreen. Still I think that it would be such a pity if her team didn't try to establish Loreen more in Sweden. I'm sure that if she was promoted more, more Swedish people would care about her. It's not like she's unknown now, she is Sweden's two times Eurovision winner, obviously she has gained more fame now. 

I really wish her the best, she deserves to get more attention and recognition. 

I love Loreen but I just don't care for this song, I have felt it has been dead on arrival and that's why the promo doesn't have any impact. People don't connect with the song...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LionH3art said:

I love Loreen but I just don't care for this song, I have felt it has been dead on arrival and that's why the promo doesn't have any impact. People don't connect with the song...

They really screwed up making it so short, it's already over before you even start to get into it

• Like 1

I reckon the album will come 10/05/2024.

Hope she has another hit. I think people are forgetting that she’s in her 40’s now and radio/playlisting won’t come easy unfortunately.

46 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

I reckon the album will come 10/05/2024.

Hope she has another hit. I think people are forgetting that she’s in her 40’s now and radio/playlisting won’t come easy unfortunately.

Wait, radios play music according to the singers' age?

1 hour ago, LionH3art said:

I totally agree 

20 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Wait, radios play music according to the singers' age?

Yep, depends on the radio station but there’s a lot of bias

I still love the song and imo it's one of her best songs so far. It's just too short. They should've released two versions of the song. I'm glad that Loreen makes authentic music. No matter how successful she is. She should do what feels right for her. It's generally not easy for European artists. I wish Europe would support their own artists more.

Edited by Anthinos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthinos said:

I still love the song and imo it's one of her best songs so far. It's just too short. They should've released two versions of the song. I'm glad that Loreen makes authentic music. No matter how successful she is. She should do what feels right for her. It's generally not easy for European artists. I wish Europe would support their own artists more.

this 

the song is 9.5/10 but could've been 100/10 if it was a bit longer :clap:

Loreen posted a snippet of her NRJ Performance. Please, tell me I'm not the only one who is not a fan of these close-ups, I don't like them in the Los 40 nor the NRJ performance. 😭 Loreen is marvelous, but I don't think that these close-ups do justice to the song and performance, they seem kinda random and messy in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.