Bleachers f/ Lana Del Rey - "Alma Mater"

Gringo

Out now.

Alma, a new song featuring longtime collaborator Lana Del Rey – they’ve made three albums together since 2019 – slips between free-associative pop culture references and a joyride around a dreamworld version of New Jersey. The rest of the album contains references to Kendall Jenner, the death of Kobe Bryant, and Dimes Square – the much-discussed downtown New York scene associated with newspaper The Drunken Canal, the controversial podcast Red Scare, and a loose network of artists and musicians: “I wanted to connect this album a little more to what it’s like to be sitting in a room with me,” Antonoff says. In other words: chatty, playful, occasionally quite sarcastic.

Source

Edited by Gringo

• 1 month later...

song was teased on instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzZqp-nvYb7/

they had previously mentioned the song would be released in november

"Alma, a new song featuring longtime collaborator Lana Del Rey – they’ve made three albums together since 2019 – slips between free-associative pop culture references and a joyride around a dreamworld version of New Jersey. The rest of the album contains references to Kendall Jenner, the death of Kobe Bryant, and Dimes Square – the much-discussed downtown New York scene associated with newspaper The Drunken Canal, the controversial podcast Red Scare, and a loose network of artists and musicians: “I wanted to connect this album a little more to what it’s like to be sitting in a room with me,” Antonoff says. In other words: chatty, playful, occasionally quite sarcastic."

from the fader interview

Lana Del Rey is the queen of alternative Hispanic pop now :alexz:

• Like 1

Hack haters LOST again, I love to see it. Can’t wait. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Not Jack Antonoff again
We will never be free

spacer.png

Grow up or move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t understand how the renamed Two Bridges neighborhood to Dimes Square….. what an abomination 

I just can't care less for her collabs. I don't use any of them (except Stargirl and Wait for Life) and I haven't even listened to the last ones (her father's songs, Taylor's, the one with another white girl and who knows what else she's jumped on).

11 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

they had previously mentioned the song would be released in november

and is it still coming?

9 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

I just can't care less for her collabs. I don't use any of them (except Stargirl and Wait for Life) and I haven't even listened to the last ones (her father's songs, Taylor's, the one with another white girl and who knows what else she's jumped on).

Lost at Sea is really cute, sure it’s another piano ballad with strings but the melody’s really good and it’s classic Lana 

the others are trash tho 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Gurl, Don't Call Me Angel is right there?!
...  :gayriahcat2: jk 

Try Blue Madonna with BORNS! She is uncredited but that last verse is pure Lana gold. I don't know why she is credited on God Save Our Young Blood but not this song. Lana is so weird.

Otherwise, yeah, almost all of her collabs - especially those that aren't from her albums sans COCC - are just pure mess.

Btw, does anyone know why Stargirl Interlude isn't counted on her most played Spotify songs?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:44 AM, Jeremiah said:

Same. Her discography is pure fire but her collabs are just there... It's weird. 

Awful mixing, cluttered structure, Lana's parts cannot be any more random.

I really don't get Lana and Jack's newfound obession with this rambling unstructured formula. Is it an expression of their desire to break out from traditional melody?
Her voice does sound nice though.

why is the mixing worse than on ultraviolence, what is that? :ahh: how's jack such a great producer but his actual songs are like this, idk never got into him.

Modern Girl is a bop to me, love to scream it in the car. But this one is a bit boring. The lack of structure doesn't help at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.