Do you miss school?

Kern

Somehow I was more depressed during my education years yet I had not that much to do?

And sometimes I think how amazing would it be to go back to high school or uni. 

They always warned us - you're gonna wish those days never ended...

no

i dropped out due to bullying i received due to me being trans

things may not be going well now but id take today over that era of my life no questions asked

• Like 1

I do. But that's largely because I'm working on a second degree and it's hard af doing that and working full time. :rip:

Not to sound like one of those people who peaked in high school, but I constantly think about how easier and stabler life was then. :jonny: But I think I still prefer life as an adult.

• Like 1

Not school itself. I miss the lack of responsibility in high school and I miss the convenience of things to do/people to meet in college, but ultimately I enjoy working a stable 9-5 and having my evenings and weekends free of homework, school commitments, etc. I also like having money.

• Like 4

I honestly miss uni so much, hanging out with my friends all the time. No I only see them once a week due to work and living in a different city

**** no. I have more freedom now and I still spend time with the people I was close with from back then anyways, so I don't miss it at all. 

I definitely don't miss most of school from high school & earlier. There are parts of college that I miss (being in super close proximity to friends, everything being cheaper), but I still much prefer being graduated.

No, I had no free time when I was in school. You'd come home and have to do homework. When I wasn't doing homework, I was worried I wasn't revising enough.

Now when I log off at the end of the day, my time is all my own and I don't have to think about work.

Also I get paid now which is good.

I'm still in undergrad but I think I will miss it a lot, I enjoy the structure it provides to my life and it feels more low-stakes than working a real big boy job... I did my first internship and it was miserable, it made me appreciate school more. Like my life can really be miserable after I graduate I fear. I love saying I'm a student, I'm surprised at these replies!

Edited by TicketOneWay

Definetly

I feel that there were so many missed opportunities that I've had

also a lot of it was easier than what is going on with my life atm

It's not like I didn't know this would happen back then..I was really sad when I had to say goodbye to my classmates

it's really strange to me how so many students are so sick of school, when it's never going to come back...and it's such a special moment too..

• Like 2

I miss some elements like:

1) a shared social space to make friends and meet new people.  I also miss how my friends all lived near each other

2) the ability to just learn.  I love learning and wish I could just spend more time doing that

3) I miss breaks from work. I miss things like spring and winter break when everyone had off and did not need to schedule vacation.  I don’t need an entire summer break, but a few days every now and then is nice.  (Note, I have a job where I technically never have any days off including weekend and holidays so this might be more top of mind for me) 

Hell no. The first two years of high school were living hell I was barely there lol

I don’t miss high school whatsoever, but a part of me wishes I could go back, be openly gay, befriend better people and take my education more seriously. I was not a good/well behaved student. 

I'm not straight, so **** no! Whoever's missing school built a shitty life for themselves.

• Thumbs Down 1

yes very :chick3:

especially my college years

those years were so fun and i had so many friends who i don’t talk to anymore 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.