Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) dead at age 90

Vermillion

RIP. She is a legendary politician despite refusing to retire and y'all know it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bears01

• Vermillion

• Communion

• Bloo

Top Posters In This Topic

Her clinging on despite her clear decline is such a stain on what is, for general purposes, a long and accomplished career. I agree with the RBG comments too and I wonder just how close will Mitch let himself get to this kinda end. The old guard gotta take note. 

I can see why that one user wants to honor Feinstein’s “honorable” legacy, though. Her history is quite… distinguished.

On 9/29/2023 at 9:06 AM, Bears01 said:

She’s also a BIG majority to blame. She ran for re-election at 86…….like. Bffr. At 86 you should literally be hunkered down getting ready to die (if not thankful you’re still alive). Not running for reelection to represent a state larger than several countries 

You can't all the blame on her. People still voted for her knowing this plus her party really didn't oppose her from running and even after her rapid health decline. 

• ATRL Moderator
On 9/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, 1DES said:

You can't all the blame on her. People still voted for her knowing this plus her party really didn't oppose her from running and even after her rapid health decline. 

You can very much blame her. Why are you refusing to retire when you’re worth $100 million? She was just greedy and obsessed with maintaining power. Normal people aspire to be able to safely retire and would happily disappear from society with that much wealth. Her obsession with power is to blame.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.