Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) dead at age 90

Vermillion

RIP, it’s time for term limits to be put in place and for politicians to start fearing the public again. There’s no place for ego when millions of people’s lives are at stake and someone is in the elected position to represent them. These people in congress are way too cocky and disrespectful to the rights of every citizen and I’m tired.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bears01

• Vermillion

• Communion

• Bloo

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole situation is frustrating cuz we know PELOSI wants Schiff in the Senate but had the whole ordeal of Gavin wanting to appoint a black woman and the obvious choice woulda been Barbara Lee. So they propped Dianne around as long as they could til they got Gavin to publicly say it wouldn't be someone currently running then they finally let the ***** die. WTF. 

The statement Gavin made was only at the beginning of this month. My conspiracy hat is telling me that once they got him to say it publicly they let the ***** die 

Edited by Antonini
  • Like 2

I will say: she was GREAT about addressing Gun violence. That’s an issue I can give her respect on. RIP

Ruth ****** us over way harder it's not like her seat is going to go to a republican or anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, makeme said:

Ruth ****** us over way harder it's not like her seat is going to go to a republican or anything. 

Exactly.  A new Democrat will automatically be appointed in her place.

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

I will say: she was GREAT about addressing Gun violence. That’s an issue I can give her respect on. RIP.

@Espresso

I will buy that signal when the filling is completed. Until then and even somewhat after my point remains.

Thank you for posting this. I’m still irked however that her time in San Francisco re: Harvey Milk seems to have papered over so much of her modern actions with so many Gen X and boomers neolibs, particularly in the gay community.

I’m seeing their rose-colored glasses in their comments on this and it’s pissing me off.

• Like 1

Nobody should be dying in office unless it’s an accidental death.

As a Californian, I am shocked about her death but I feel she should’ve stepped down a long time ago because I feel she wasn’t doing well health-wise. But I hate the fact that they are using neoliberal talking points such as the sexism card as an excuse to justify why she should be in the Senate longer even though her health is deteriorating when we could’ve had someone who was a present choice and chosen by Gavin ASAP. 

4 hours ago, Espresso said:

There’s a lot I could say here, but it’s hard not to argue that this isn’t RBG 2.0. 

Any legacy she could have had, ruined by her hubris to stay in power.

Yeah, that part. I recognize that she contribute a lot towards policies and work but at the same time you have to know when enough is enough.

1 hour ago, makeme said:

Yeah, this. Ruth utterly refusing to step down in 2013 when even neoliberal kings like Obama were BEGGING her to, is the reason why we are in such a mess. 

• Thanks 2

RIP but we need term limits like for real :coffee2: She should've taken care of her health issues, enjoy her retirement and didn't work in the office till the last breath :gaycat6:

To all the users saying how she ruined her “legacy” in recent times, what exactly was her legacy? I’m not American but I’ve read And the Band Played On and she was not painted in a very favourable light.

Edited by family.guy123

29 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

To all the users saying how she ruined her “legacy” in recent times, what exactly was her legacy? I’m not American but I’ve read And the Band Played On and she was not painted in a very favourable light.

I’ll give some perspective: 

She’s definitely been a failure in many ways, but she was good on trying to tackle gun violence: 

Didn’t know she had Stans on here :deadbanana4:

Ot: RIP :) 

16 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Didn’t know she had Stans on here :deadbanana4:

Ot: RIP :) 

it's just that one weird centrist embarrassing themselves

Imagine not being able to enjoy retirement. Power is truly worse than the most potent drug

Rip to her

7 hours ago, Bears01 said:

This is right after she won re election (I’m sure you’ve already seen the video):

She sounds like she’s at least capable of making her own choices here 

The SNL skit was hilarious

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, khalyan said:

@Gui Blackout stop reporting posts in here for being insensitive. People are allowed to feel mixed emotions due to the circumstances of her career the last few years 

Poster who compares black women to apes did WHAT?! :eek: 

The civility warriors are too much, especially when they don’t treat others with civility themselves :dies: 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, makeme said:

She was still placed on the Judiciary Committee during the current session of Congress for no reason other than to assuage her ego. Now the Committee will be held up in a tie and zero Biden appointed judges will be confirmed. Feinstein and Schumer have irreparably ****** us over for generations to come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.