Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) dead at age 90

Vermillion

Her staffers basically killed her and anyone keeping her in office when she was clearly losing function of her senses and mind should know they're going to hell. 

The only way for California to save face and not have this be a national embarrassment is for Newsom to appoint Barbara Lee to the seat. 

Breaking his promise to appoint a black woman would make California Dems an even bigger joke than already are with this happening. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bears01

• Vermillion

• Communion

• Bloo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Her staffers basically killed her and anyone keeping her in office when she was clearly losing function of her senses and mind should know they're going to hell. 

The only way for California to save face and not have this be a national embarrassment is for Newsom to appoint Barbara Lee to the seat. 

Breaking his promise to appoint a black woman would make California Dems an even bigger joke than already is with this happening. 

She’s also a BIG majority to blame. She ran for re-election at 86…….like. Bffr. At 86 you should literally be hunkered down getting ready to die (if not thankful you’re still alive). Not running for reelection to represent a state larger than several countries 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

@Gui Blackout stop reporting posts in here for being insensitive. People are allowed to feel mixed emotions due to the circumstances of her career the last few years 

Is it now allowed to celebrate someone's death on ATRL? Because that certainly has not been the rule here, and I doubt this would be the reaction if it was someone you were found off. So instead of randomly snapping at a member for no reason, I suggest you go back and figure out what the guideline actually should be in these situations and do better job at communicating it with the community so we won't have these type of situations in the future, cause as I'm  you can see it wasn't just me reporting in this thread. It would also help you be a better as Moderator so you wouldn't receive so much criticism around here like you do.

We could've done this via PM but you chose to go off-topic here, so.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 8

Just now, Bears01 said:

She’s also a BIG majority to blame. She ran for re-election at 86…….like. Bffr. At 86 you should literally be hunkered down getting ready to die (if not thankful you’re still alive). Not running for reelection to represent a state larger than several countries 

I don't believe she's had the mental capacity to make her own decisions for a long time but yes. A selfish crow of a person desperate to hold onto the keys of power. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Is it now allowed to celebrate someone's death on ATRL? Because that certainly has not been the rule here, and I doubt this would be the reaction if it was someone you were found off. So instead of randomly snapping at a member for no reason, I suggest you go back and figure out what the guideline actually should be in these situations and do better job at communicating it with the community so we won't have these type of situations in the future, cause as I'm  you can see it wasn't just me reporting in this thread. It would also help you be a better as Moderator so you wouldn't receive so much criticism around here like you do.

Yes, it was just you. Please knock it off

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Your time on this forum is literally defined by you **** posting from whatever Brazilian suburb you're still **** posting from now, calling African American artists things like "primates" because someone in your life allowed you unrestricted internet access as an obnoxious, racist tween who thought phrenology was edgy internet humor.

Literally no one cares about whatever thoughts you think are important to share about American politics. You think anyone cares if you're offended over people resenting this old crow ruining her own legacy? When you've said what you've said? I can literally make a celebration graphic praising her death and it would literally never touch on the horrid things you've posted. 

Hang it up, delicious. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

• ATRL Moderator

How could anyone have seen this coming?

Feinstein’s record is, at best, mixed. While she stood on the right side of some issues, she was still one of the most effective members of the Senate in terms of engaging in insider trading and using her position for personal profit. She’s not a progressive champion by any stretch of the imagination. 

Regardless, her legacy will be forever tarnished by her refusal to pass the torch. 

• Like 4

I don't get all the discourse about her age considering she's from California and doesn't seem to have that much influence. Won't she be replaced by someone who will vote exactly the same way she does?

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

I don't believe she's had the mental capacity to make her own decisions for a long time but yes. A selfish crow of a person desperate to hold onto the keys of power. 

This is right after she won re election (I’m sure you’ve already seen the video):

She sounds like she’s at least capable of making her own choices here 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

There is a guideline. Politicians are not pop stars and discussions around them do not follow the same standard. If this were Mitch McConnell, would you want criticism in the thread about his death to be silenced? Would you want us to compel everyone say nothing but wishes of recovery when Trump got COVID? People are allowed to have mixed feelings about people that hold institutional power over them.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leppie said:

I don't get all the discourse about her age considering she's from California and doesn't seem to have that much influence. Won't she be replaced by someone who will vote exactly the same way she does?

The issue is: she’s on the judiciary committee and the Dems NEEDED her vote to get judges out of committee. It’s not clear now if the next dem to take her spot on that committee is going to get the 60 votes to make it happen. 

It won’t matter right away because basically all of Biden’s judicial noms are already out of committee: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Joe_Biden

But just imagine the utter SHITSHOW if a SCOTUS vacancy were to happen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

This is right after she won re election (I’m sure you’ve already seen the video):

She sounds like she’s at least capable of making her own choices here 

Thank you for the reminder of how morally corrupt she was with full cognitive function, sis. 

**** her old ass!

• ATRL Moderator

Throwback to when The View was arguing that Dianne Feinstein should run again at age 90 and that nobody should challenge her. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Leppie said:

She specifically stayed in her position because there is growing pressure for Newsom to name a progressive black female candidate in her place if she retired and doing such would hurt a centrist like Adam Schiff's attempts to take the seat in 2024. 

Politico confirmed even ghouls like Pelosi were pushing for her to stay in office until the primary to help the odds stay in Schiff's favor. 

Despite being from California, Feinstein has a horrible voting record and is one of the most anti-progressive Dems in the Senate. 

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

There is a guideline. Politicians are not pop stars and discussions around them do not follow the same standard. If this were Mitch McConnell, would you want criticism in the thread about his death to be silenced? Would you want us to compel everyone say nothing but wishes of recovery when Trump got COVID? People are allowed to have mixed feelings about people that hold institutional power over them.

Sure I get that, my questioning was simply about celebrating a death, which is a little past having "mixed feelings" and if it falls under Insensite or not. If it's allowed, cool. I'll keep that in mind.

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

Throwback to when The View was arguing that Dianne Feinstein should run again at age 90 and that nobody should challenge her. 

A bunch of the new age “wine mom Democratic voters” are literally the most cringe and awful people to enter into the party the last 8 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is really unfortunate because even her biggest supporters have grown resentful of her. Great career but went out sad.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.