Is Christina Aguilera the most underrated Pop Icon of all time?

ScubaDive

36 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Lmaooooo I always see your name trashing her let’s be ******* for real

Right that user isn’t fooling anyone :bibliahh:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• Power love

• NausAllien

• La Reina

On 10/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, Power love said:

It’s interesting that you still stan Britney yet she bullied a 12 year old girl on set where this girl dropped out of acting & has been traumatized. 

Britney has made shady nasty comments towards Mariah mental breakdown. 

Lil Kim said Britney was nasty towards her. 

Britney has said pretty racist comments. 

I could go on for days… yet you STILL stan Britney :clown:. Drop the ACT you don’t like Christina that’s it stop making up made up reason. 

We can see right through you. You’re a main Xtina hater just own it we don’t care about what lies you’re giving about buying Bionic & Liberation :rip:

All the ladies mentioned have also had numbers of public feuds & nasty moments as well especially Pink yet you have no problem with them. 

Britney did that in the context of defending her then 12 year old sister and she fully aknowlodge it later.

Britney did racist comments? Xtincta was doing black face for the good part of the 2000s hiding behind "i'm a latina", but in reality she went full dreads and orange brown when portraying "dirty people"... Britney on the other hand was always a champion for black people, open her stage to then unknown Beyonce with Destiny's Child on her Hawai special.

Xtina has a long history of being an entitled *****, here in Brazil there are several stories told about other famous people, when she came here in 2000 she had a meltdown when she saw the local MTV host who would interview her because the host was a model, super tall and beautiful and she didn't want to have her on her side. This stories has several witnesses and none of them used it to foward their carreers.

Then in the 2010s she came here to do a publicity with C&A and she was such a ***** to a news crew that then they famously said "huger than ever and with an ego even bigger she came as she went without aknowlodge the production team or the interviewer".

Now, Britney on the other hand knew a reporter like Hello Kitty and months later after the interview sent a box full of Hello Kitty stuff. Or with another person she complimented the outfit and wanted to know where she got it. Totally different from Xtina.

I'm telling u the local stories I know. Just to give a bit of depeth, Xtina was a ***** all the time, that was who she was. She changed a bit after 15 years of flop and having to swallow her pride singing in a little room in Vegas, not being able to put a single on the hot 100 and so on... Xtina nowadays is nobody, in the US u guys know here because of the voice, anywhere else in the world she is like one of those 80s popstars who used to be big and now festival can afford her because she is super cheap and make the illusion we have a popstar lol.

Xtina doesn't have a solo hit since 2005. Her feat and duets were mostly local US hits, the only worldwide is the one with Maroon. No one care about her screaming and growling every 5 seconds and calling it "singing" lol. She is not a great vocalist, her voice is tired and all songs sound the same. A great vocalist knows how to use a scream or a growl, it became her personality.

No one who understand music puts her in the same category of Nina Simone or even Adele.

It is 2023 and Britney dancing with fake knives is a bigger hit than Xtina every solo effort from Bionic on. It has been 15 years, be happy with her little latin album and the Vegas little room concert and that she is finally thin and u don't need to fake it that she looked so good.

24 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Britney did that in the context of defending her then 12 year old sister and she fully aknowlodge it later.

Britney did racist comments? Xtincta was doing black face for the good part of the 2000s hiding behind "i'm a latina", but in reality she went full dreads and orange brown when portraying "dirty people"... Britney on the other hand was always a champion for black people, open her stage to then unknown Beyonce with Destiny's Child on her Hawai special.

Xtina has a long history of being an entitled *****, here in Brazil there are several stories told about other famous people, when she came here in 2000 she had a meltdown when she saw the local MTV host who would interview her because the host was a model, super tall and beautiful and she didn't want to have her on her side. This stories has several witnesses and none of them used it to foward their carreers.

Then in the 2010s she came here to do a publicity with C&A and she was such a ***** to a news crew that then they famously said "huger than ever and with an ego even bigger she came as she went without aknowlodge the production team or the interviewer".

Now, Britney on the other hand knew a reporter like Hello Kitty and months later after the interview sent a box full of Hello Kitty stuff. Or with another person she complimented the outfit and wanted to know where she got it. Totally different from Xtina.

I'm telling u the local stories I know. Just to give a bit of depeth, Xtina was a ***** all the time, that was who she was. She changed a bit after 15 years of flop and having to swallow her pride singing in a little room in Vegas, not being able to put a single on the hot 100 and so on... Xtina nowadays is nobody, in the US u guys know here because of the voice, anywhere else in the world she is like one of those 80s popstars who used to be big and now festival can afford her because she is super cheap and make the illusion we have a popstar lol.

Xtina doesn't have a solo hit since 2005. Her feat and duets were mostly local US hits, the only worldwide is the one with Maroon. No one care about her screaming and growling every 5 seconds and calling it "singing" lol. She is not a great vocalist, her voice is tired and all songs sound the same. A great vocalist knows how to use a scream or a growl, it became her personality.

No one who understand music puts her in the same category of Nina Simone or even Adele.

It is 2023 and Britney dancing with fake knives is a bigger hit than Xtina every solo effort from Bionic on. It has been 15 years, be happy with her little latin album and the Vegas little room concert and that she is finally thin and u don't need to fake it that she looked so good.

Jesus this actually takes the cake for prob the longest post I’ve seen on ATRL. Xtina got you big mad huh?

and no one who knows music would put her in the same category as Adele? Celine, Whitney, Etta, Patti, Ariana all disagree and their opinion >>>>>> yours 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Britney on the other hand was always a champion for black people

Got this far then simply stopped reading because of stupidity.

NURSE!! He’s doing it again!!! :deadbanana2:

Edited by Power love
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 10/1/2023 at 11:27 AM, Electric Youth said:

No. That would be Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado 

cOzAXhl.jpg

Plus, Anastacia :gaycat2:

• Like 1

Yes she is, but she's to blame for it. Well 50% of the blame. She gave up on music (well promoting music), so audiences gave up on her.

Not really. She gets a lot of credit from newer artists, etc.

I think Kylie Minogue is someone more underrated.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:46 AM, MingYouToo said:

Shes not underrated in the sense that people dont give her flowers.

Her lack of a substantive decade plus career makes her underrated, but thats mainly her own doing.

Personally I like to think in another universe she was less family oriented and more hungry for commercial success, a back to back Stripped and Timbaland pop era then discopop Aguilera in mid to late 2000s :jonny5:

She was always the girl I thought who had the skills to survive the multi decade onslaught and be the true rival of someone like Beyoncé. She just didnt want it as bad as B and lost her creative juices quick.

Nothing indicates that Xtina didn't want it bad, she just flopped cause she released bad music and people got tired of her bad attitude. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I don’t think so. I love Stripped, Back to Basics and half of Bionic. But she has released 2 English albums the last 10 years that weren’t very good and she barely promoted either of them. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant

8 hours ago, brazil said:

Nothing indicates that Xtina didn't want it bad, she just flopped cause she released bad music and people got tired of her bad attitude. 

She didn't want it that bad obviously, if she did she'd have followed Stripped up right away and didn't wait 4 ******* years for the next era. She would've trend hopped instead of doing her 'ahead of its time' crap post-Stripped.

8 hours ago, brazil said:

Oh please. She was rather brash at 21 during stripped but also during that time she got like what? 8 or 10 consecutive UK top ten hits in a row? Ppl literally don’t give a **** about artists’ “attitudes” except gays on music forums. Like take Doja for example she literally said she hates her fans and still got a #1. Let’s bffr, she probably just shaded your fave once 2 decades ago and you’re still pressed like a panini about it

if Xtina wanted it bad at this age she would actually oh I don’t know? Release albums? Like for perspective I’ve changed jobs four times and gotten one promotion and she STILL hasn’t released a new English album. Furthermore if she wanted it, why the hell is she making niche ranchera and guaracha music? Let’s be serious, I love her but homegurl is lazy AF and mostly just wants to be a mom

• Like 2

I wouldn't say she's underrated. 

She's her own worst enemy...but I don't think she cares. She had her time in the spotlight but now she's over it. It's clear as day. She's happy with how her life is now. She values family over her career & I think that's ok & how it should be tbh.

As a fan, of course I wish she was more into her career but she's at least semi-active traveling the world and doing shows here & there.

Nope

How many awards has she gotten in the last couple years? It’s really fun as a stan to see her get her flowers. :bird:

• Like 1

the most underrated is Janet Jackson, the rest of the world doesn't really know her like that but she meant a lot for black artists and women in the industry and she was a true pioneer. If I ask anyone of my age group what they think of her, I know exactly what response I'm getting: "Michael's sister?", which is really unfortunate considering her accomplishments

Christina is alright... her efforts seem diminished by the pop divas that preceded her in the 90s, unfortunately. She had some great moments but I'm not sure if she was the true driving force behind anything.

I think she's underrated as a pop artist, but as a pop icon I'm not sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.