A while ago, a POC spoke about her experience as a Swiftie

réveuse

The title makes it seem like this is an important issue that needs to be addressed at the parliament. Not gonna read the article but whoever wrote this, girl, enjoy what you enjoy and who cares what the white girls at the concert or the rest of your black community think.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Let's Not Go There!

This link is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server is just not having it today.

:skull: 

1 minute ago, jesus del rey said:

Let's Not Go There!

This link is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server is just not having it today.

:skull: 

Is the link not working for you?

My take is that people should care less about what or who others like.

If I like an artist you don't like, it's my choice, and you can gtfo. Don't ******* "advise" on who I should or should not like.

Liking Taylor Swift does not and should not impact anyone's racial identity, gender identity or any non-music identity :coffee2:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

The title makes it seem like this is an important issue that needs to be addressed at the parliament. Not gonna read the article but whoever wrote this, girl, enjoy what you enjoy and who cares what the white girls at the concert or the rest of your black community think.

I agree with your opinion. People can enjoy any musician they like.

AllAmericanBitch

I've seen black swifties on twitter being called oreos... it's absolute disgusting and sad

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

I've seen black swifties on twitter being called oreos... it's absolute disgusting and sad

Yup, I know the feeling.

8 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Nope :( 

Sorry.

Exquisite Williams, meanwhile, compared being a Black Swiftie to going to a predominantly white institution. 

"It can be an achingly lonely experience," she said. "One that requires you to find and build your own community of other Black Swifties." 

Williams added that she's constantly asked if Swift is for Black listeners. 

"If you knew the number of times I've heard, 'Taylor Swift has Black fans?' or 'I've never seen a Black Swiftie,' you would go insane," she said. "It doesn't help that the white voices are so dominant. Not to mention the non-Black Swifties of color who can be just as racist and violent." 

Williams said she has even gotten racist threats regarding her status as a Swiftie: "I've received nooses in my DMs for daring to question or criticize something Taylor does."

Wow of course ATRL doesn’t want to hear this, :gaycat2: 

• Like 1

I mean I guess Swifts base is more POC than we thought. But do people really go around harrasing non white Swifties? Thats so stupid just let people like what they want its just music.

Ugh. I couldn't do it tbh. I can  imagine all the microaggresions & vieled evil eye at concerts & gatherings. Would absolutely drain TF out of me tbh.

Granted not ALL swifties are like this (so hope this a WP detterent pls), but a large percentage of them would be I imagine. And microaggresions are a very real experience in our day-to-day lives. 

the earlier posts dismissing the experience of black stans :deadbanana4: its easy to say "its never that serious" when you aren't subjected to anti blackness from fellow stans as well as performative antis :skull:

OT: the article was quite interesting

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

the earlier posts dismissing the experience of black stans :deadbanana4: its easy to say "its never that serious" when you aren't subjected to anti blackness from fellow stans as well as performative antis :skull:

OT: the article was quite interesting

👍🏾 Although I half-agree with the " It's not too serious " comments, this take is so real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, réveuse said:

👍🏾 Although I half-agree with the " It's not too serious " comments, this take is so real.

the sentiment is right but the black swiftie should be at the receiving end of a comment like that, it comes off as really dismissive 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

why oreo? idgi

This actually goes really deep across a variety of artists, genres, institutions and the like. It's something that does need to be brought to light and openly discussed. It's not always cotton candy, cards and roses for everyone in what should be a safe space where people are "united" around a certain entity, whatever it may be.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.