15yo girl stabbed to death for refusing a boy's flowers

favorite crime

the moment I read knife I knew it was the UK...what a damn mess... I'm lowkey feeling ok that I left London after living 5 years there ! sometimes I want to go back but not right now tbh...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Otter

• glitch

• Navy4Life

• KeirGrey

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, glitch said:

Why would it being in London mean Andrew Tate can't have influenced this behaviour? Tate has a pretty sizeable following in the UK unfortunately.

I also wouldn't really call Croydon inner city but that's by the by

I appreciate people automatically fill in the gaps with what's at the forefront of their mind but having specific awareness of the culture and violence effecting places like Croydon, the thought of immediately going to pinpoint Andrew Tate is very reductive.

Tate and the movement he represents is problematic & wife spread but it really has little to do with a teen wielding a 30cm Blade with the intention and willingness to casually use it. The optics of this being about men not being able to deal with rejection are likely missplaced but we need to await more info...

It's violence (non gendered) which is rife in the area

Edited by Otter
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Otter said:

This is inner city London, I doubt it has anything to do with Andrew Tate. The issue is a lot bigger then any online celeb. London has a massive issue with knife crime

they couldn't possibly correlate, right?

The guy in the replies saying the video is fake… oh my god

RIP to the victim 

9 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

they couldn't possibly correlate, right?

As mentioned, given the problem London is & has been facing for the last decade it's very reductive to flood the comments with Andrew Tate focus, he really is none factor in the violence that the capital is dealing with... 

19 minutes ago, Otter said:

I appreciate people automatically fill in the gaps with what's at the forefront of their mind but having specific awareness of the culture and violence effecting places like Croydon, the thought of immediately going to pinpoint Andrew Tate is very reductive.

Tate and the movement he represents is problematic & wife spread but it really has little to do with a teen wielding a 30cm Blade with the intention and willingness to casually use it. The optics of this being about men not being able to deal with rejection are likely missplaced but we need to await more info...

It's violence (non gendered) which is rife in the area

I don't think it's as simple as that though. 

The knife crime in London may be an issue but it's highly over exaggerated. This is a city with almost 9 million people. The vast majority of people are not witnessing stabbings on a regular basis.

Most knife crime involves adults not children. This is the 15th teenage victim of homicide in London this year and notably the only female victim. I think given the specifics of this case, whilst not confirmed as of yet, the idea that this boy has been influenced by violent male influencers isn't that far fetched.

• Like 2

I saw on Twitter early today and what is utter shocking that he was already prepared if she refuse it 🙁

Horrible. That said, enough with the “it’s Andrew Tate”, “recent rise in x” fear mongering. Alex Minassian wrote a manifesto, took out a rented van in Toronto & drove into a crowd of people, purposefully murdering 11 victims in the name of being an incel. That was 2018. Only a really ignorant person is gonna act like violence against women is a new phenomenon, sorry!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 1:59 PM, glitch said:

The knife crime in London may be an issue but it's highly over exaggerated. This is a city with almost 9 million people. The vast majority of people are not witnessing stabbings on a regular basis.

Most knife crime involves adults not children. This is the 15th teenage victim of homicide in London this year and notably the only female victim. I think given the specifics of this case, whilst not confirmed as of yet, the idea that this boy has been influenced by violent male influencers isn't that far fetched.

Violence is not rife in london that's one of the reasons it's major news. 

Compare violent crime in London to any major US city it's much lower 

Edited by KeirGrey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Otter said:

As mentioned, given the problem London is & has been facing for the last decade it's very reductive to flood the comments with Andrew Tate focus, he really is none factor in the violence that the capital is dealing with... 

i'm sorry but if you don't see the obvious correlation between this and misogyny being on the rise in this context specifically, I don't know what to say :/

• Like 3

I need boys/young men to do better with rejection. Yes, its stings ur ego but don’t resort to violence or throwing tandrums bc you can’t control a girl. :rip:

2 minutes ago, glitch said:

Most incidents don't get reported to the police. I'm from Peckham, i know what I'm talking about when i say this is unlikely to have anything to do with misogynistic YouTubers.

9 minutes ago, KeirGrey said:

Violence is not rife in that area that's one of the reasons it's major news. 

I lived right next to croydon, but now I know atrl is not the place to have this discussion if people are 

1. Saying violence is not a problem in Croydon. (The US being worse is irrelevant).

2. Flooding the conversation with Andrew Tate discourse way too early for us to point to that. The OP is really not confirmed and warping the optics.

There's literally news reports of locals talking about how unfortunately common violence is, but again ATRL is not the place for such local deep dives into these topics

So sad rest in peace to the young girl 😣

Edited by Dan81

5 hours ago, Anthinos said:

You can't blame the parents 100% either. Parents can't control what videos their children watch or what they learn from other children/teenagers at school. The problem is the internet and how we as a society tolerate everything. It's a touchy topic but free speech needs limits. Hate speech needs to be defined and dealt with. These right wingers like Andrew Tate etc. are destroying our society. 

I'm extreme cases like this the parents are absolutely to blame as well. There's no way a teenager who was raised properly would do something like this simply because of online influences. Perhaps they weren't the ones telling him to act like this but they must have done something terribly wrong in raising him

RIP Elliane. She aspired to be a lawyer once she was older and her mother had enrolled her into an all-girls private school so that she could achieve the best that she can and do well in life.

All that has been taken away from her. 

It's really not far-fetched to think that the rise of Andrew Tate and his ilk doesn't play a factor in this incident. A lot of these young kids, particularly boys today are just built different and have no respect for women or girls.

19 hours ago, Navy4Life said:

While I agree losers like Tate and co. are a cancer to the society y’all can’t blame them more than the actual parents. This is solely their fault and they should be prosecuted with the child. 

Both good and bad people may come from the same parents

1 hour ago, A.R.L said:

Both good and bad people may come from the same parents

Ok but clearly this person had bad parents who didn’t see him take a machete out of the house let alone control what he’s watching or put some effort into raising them right. 

We’re not talking about some little **** spewing misogynist **** on Twitter, this pos killed someone. If you think parents are not the first people to blame :rip:

This type of **** makes me sick to my stomach. Females shouldn't have to live in constant fear of losing their lives over hurting a male's fragile ass ego. And he did this in front of people on a bus. Imagine how much more he would've done if they had been alone somewhere. He probably would've defiled her body after killing her. Put this boy under the jail and don't release him back into society because Lord knows what would happen if on down the line, some woman rejects a marriage proposal of his.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

On 9/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, airplane said:

Im so scared of London but also, the stabbings are so frequent all over the country :chick3:

London is not a city to be scared of.

The knife crime is grossly exaggerated by the media and people who don’t even live here, it’s very rare for someone to get stabbed by a complete stranger.

Even in this sad case the victim knew the attacker. It also depends on which borough and area you live in. 

On 9/28/2023 at 12:59 PM, glitch said:

On 9/28/2023 at 1:05 PM, KeirGrey said:

Exactly, people on here act like tons of people are just out here being stabbed everyday in London :rip: 

On 9/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, Otter said:

I lived right next to croydon, but now I know atrl is not the place to have this discussion if people are 

1. Saying violence is not a problem in Croydon. (The US being worse is irrelevant).

2. Flooding the conversation with Andrew Tate discourse way too early for us to point to that. The OP is really not confirmed and warping the optics.

There's literally news reports of locals talking about how unfortunately common violence is, but again ATRL is not the place for such local deep dives into these topics

This is true though, Croydon is a ghetto violent mess.

You couldn’t pay me to live there, it’s always been known to have a lot of violence and knife crime compared to other boroughs.

-

RIP to her, he needs to be tried as an adult and deserves life. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

This is true though, Croydon is a ghetto violent mess.

You couldn’t pay me to live there, it’s always been known to have a lot of violence and knife crime compared to other boroughs.

Tbh while Croydon might have the highest number of stabbings for any London Borough, when you take into the population size, Croydon only comes 10th for "knife crime per injury" incidents out of all the boroughs. It's only got such a bad reputation because it's got a much larger population than most other boroughs. There's good parts and bad parts like any place. Honestly North and South Croydon are like completely different areas.

Edited by glitch

On 9/28/2023 at 2:24 PM, Otter said:

Exactly croydon =/= all of London 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.