New Virus Spreading?

BletaRexher

I just got over something where I kept vomiting and getting headaches for a week. At its peak I couldn’t eat anything or drink water without vomiting for 2 days straight. It seems like a lot of people in my area have had something similar. Is this happening around you guys and do you know what it could be? It was literally the worst virus I’ve ever had in my entire life.

3 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

I wouldn't be getting health advice from ATRL, maybe see a doctor?

It’s been gone for like 5 days now I’m just curious what it was because some of my coworkers friends have had the same thing too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the newest Covid variant. A lot of people I know began masking up again, and i’ve been reading about people beginning to mask up on different forums too.

It’s so damn sad that the news aren’t reporting about new viruses, variants, etc. I guess they’ll wait until it gets worse until they actually tell people 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

I just got over something where I kept vomiting and getting headaches for a week. At its peak I couldn’t eat anything or drink water without vomiting for 2 days straight. It seems like a lot of people in my area have had something similar. Is this happening around you guys and do you know what it could be? It was literally the worst virus I’ve ever had in my entire life.

That’s called a stomach virus and it’s very easy to get if you have hung around with other people in a school/office/recreational setting.  I chances are if your friends or coworkers get it, you’ll get it too.  I would get this frequently when I was in school, but haven’t gotten it at all since I started working remotely years ago.  

• Thanks 1

Look up norovirus and see if it’s in your area 

sounds like Gastroenteritis, which is easily transmittable, common and not very dangerous. 

Ive been wearing a mask again at work tbh but I work in customer service so parents always bring their coughing rat children in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, BletaRexher said:

It’s been gone for like 5 days now I’m just curious what it was because some of my coworkers friends have had the same thing too.

Only a doctor would’ve known for sure, I fear. 

2 minutes ago, TightBoochie said:

Those are symptoms of HIV, have you been tested recently? 

This deserves a permaban. There’s nothing funny or okay about throwing something like this out there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fijitears said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the newest Covid variant. A lot of people I know began masking up again, and i’ve been reading about people beginning to mask up on different forums too.

It’s so damn sad that the news aren’t reporting about new viruses, variants, etc. I guess they’ll wait until it gets worse until they actually tell people 

How exactly is it sad? Viruses have been part of human history as long as we’ve known. The Covid pandemic was grossly mismanaged. Instead of investing in health infrastructure and creating more capacity in our medical systems to manage mass viral transmission - people’s human rights were being violated.

People were being pressured to be prisoners in their own homes and anyone unwilling to get a rushed to the market vaccine were discriminated against and excluded from entering social space. Personally I chose to get vaccinated 4 times. Great - but those that didn’t were grossly discriminated against. Nobody should be pressured into receiving unwanted medical intervention. 

It is not sad the media isn’t reporting as they were. People need to accept that novel viruses are part of human existence and use their doctors and medical supports to tackle them. We were the first generation to do mass lockdown due to a pandemic. All it did was pro-long the initial stages of the viral development. As we all know the common cold and flu all started off the same way. It dilutes as it progresses and develops through human existence. 

OP - go see a doctor next time. It’s sad that your community has this but honestly once you’ve personally beat it, your immune system is now stronger and you’ve built resistance from this virus and future strains of it. 

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

Might just be a bad case of the flu. I know that since Covid, the flu has been hitting people harder as it hasn't spread as easily. I got the flu about a month and a half back, it took me out for a week and then I got a chest infection which took another week to recover from. Can't remember the last time I've been that sick (apart from the first time I had Covid, but even that wasn't as bad)

It can really be just a bad cold or a regular virus. Go to the doctor. It would be best

22 minutes ago, TightBoochie said:

Those are symptoms of HIV, have you been tested recently? 

What's your main account, so they can ban that one too? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

girl that's norovirus -- not to minimize it because it sucks and can be scary but I don't think that's covid. Hope u feel better!

As many pointed out, those are common symptoms for both norovirus and even COVID, so chances it’s a “new virus” are next to 0.

That topic title makes no sense. If could literally be so many viruses that are already out there :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.