It's been ten years since Pure Heroine's release. How has your life changed since?

Jotham

Today marks the ten year anniversary of Pure Heroine, Lorde's critically acclaimed debut album. For many of us, the album came out at pivotal points of our lives. How has your life changed since its release?

For me, so much of my life has changed since then. :weeps: The album came out at the perfect time in my life, I had just started high school and it truly resonated with me. Now I have graduated university and had been working full-time for a while, but recently quit because I hated the job because I was dissatisfied with what I was doing.

I also find the album very significant for me personally since it was very influential in me getting into music, before then I didn't really listen to many artists. But I bought her album shortly after "Royals" was released (in fact it was the first album I ever bought), and now music's a huge part of my life. I don't know if I would be this much passionate about music if the album was never released.

How has your life changed since then, and has it impacted your life in any way? :heart2:

I went on a Mormon mission, came out, left the Mormon church, went to college, dropped out of college, went to graduate school, moved across the country, quit my job, found my dream job, moved back across the country, and all the while had various relationships sprinkled throughout. Standing next to my 19-year-old self, I now couldn't be more different of a person.

• Like 6

I was in Basic training for the Army when it dropped. But my drill sergeant would let us play the album on his phone once we graduated. :coffee2:
then I came home for 2 weeks and Royals was on every radio station. Then I had to go back to advance training and I couldn’t listen to the album for like another 6 weeks:rip: by the time I could listen to it regularly, all my friends back home had moved on to the next big thing. Anyways, I still say it’s the best coming of age album last decade. Ribs has yet to be topped

Since 2013 my life has gone down hill on a steady decline

i graduated with my bachelors degree, graduated with my masters degree, moved across the country, got married, got divorced, got re-married, bought 3 homes, and have almost all new people in my life since then. i still listen to this album regularly and feel a lot of it has aided me throughout my trials and victories. 

Edited by ADMKHN
  • Like 4

i didn't listen to the album (or her at all) until early 2015 because i used to hate her because Royals used to be so annoying + she stole Katy's Grammy with ROAAARRYALS :bibliahh:

but anyway Ribs became one of my favorite songs of all time, some of the songs (Ribs, TC, Buzzcut, Swinging Party, Team) were a highlight of my 2015, and my life has been going on up and down

Got over depression, almost transitioned, detransitioned, got real friends for the first time in my life, lost my v card, ****** 17 men, got depressed again, graduated university, got a shitty job, lost my best friend

2012-2014 was my darkest period, but I have survived.

I wasted so many opportunities, and my life could have been much better, but I have  made some progress regardless, and I can feel so much happiness at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I was 14 at the time of its release so go figure. Went through puberty with latent depression that escalated into.. no words to describe. I have picked myself up, moved to a rich country, got onto Ozempic with lifelong prescription, about to become THE main character..

Thank you Lorde for 'A World Alone'. 

'They studyin' business I study the floor' indeed queen, but oh my laugh has always remained the very last and most delightfully sweet n' fruity. :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good reminder that I still need to catch up on this album, I only know Royals and Team song. I will listen to this one tonight. 

I was in my first year of uni when it came out and Royals was played at every party (I hung out with a lot of arty people and that was their go to pop song). That was the soundtrack to my first year of uni. Since then, I have done a masters, worked in various fields and moved country so a lot has changed. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.