Alabama to build most expensive prison in the US costing over $1B

Communion

That’s what we need more money to go to! Places where people can wrongfully get sentenced to for years because they had weed procession and turning them into full on criminals in there 

• Like 5

Ok…but if they don’t expand the prison industrial complex, where is Alabama supposed to get more slave labor?  

Spending 270k per bed? Let me travel to Alabama and commit a few crimes in public. About to upgrade my living accommodations 

:jonny5:

$1B? Woof, that would be a hell of a resocialization program in another universe.

• Thanks 3

$1B is insane.

Yes, many American prisons need better conditions but I rather those funds go to the communities, education, healthcare, etc. 

Off Topic: not @Communion w/o an Ari avi? :skull:

• Like 1

If you’re a person of color get out of there ASAP! Because best believe they are going to want their invest back & that’s coming after YOU!

• Thanks 1

Oh look! It's another call center!

Will Spain do the same for Shakira?

Edited by Jude
  • Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Moderator

Has anyone asked how they’re going to pay for this?? :biblio:

Obviously, this is ridiculously stupid. This money should be spent on housing, healthcare, and other basic needs, rather than funding America’s legalized form of slavery.
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's a price tag. What could possibly cost that much

and when you look at where Alabama ranks with jobs, housing, healthcare & education this such a joke but that’s red states for ya…

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

Meanwhile the state is a leach to everyone else taking way more than they contribute to the economy. The South needs to get it together ffs. Keep locking people up that will help! Why would we focus on rehabilitating people and creating people that actually have the means to contribute to society and help these shithole states?

• Like 1

Oh look, more facilites for the state of Alabama to force people into modern day slavery. That state is a dumpster fire and I'm sick of it flying under the radar. 

270k per bed? 

Tell me the person in charge is laundering money without telling me

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

focus on rehabilitating people and creating people that actually have the means to contribute to society and help these shithole states

That part! That’s were the money should be focusing on, as well as resocialization, rehabilitation, mental health services and job placement for those already in jail. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.