Starbucks barista exposed adding own $2-3 tip when customer doesn’t want receipt

Asscatchem

You might want to be more attentive the next time you’re tempted to hit the “no receipt” button on a signature pad. A Starbucks customer went viral on TikTok after revealing that a “certain barista” was skimming $2 to $3 dollars per drink from her card using the pad’s built-in tip option.

https://www.dailydot.com/news/starbucks-barista-adds-tip-for-herself/

In the comments, a handful of viewers advised Zo to start collecting a paper trail. 

“Ask for your receipt?… You could bring it to a manager,” one person said.

“Check the receipts,” another advised.

“Coming from a barista always ask for your receipt,” a third person wrote.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Afterglow

• May

• Breathe On Moi

• Asscatchem

If you’re paying for a 10$ drink, I’m sure you have disposable money to tip 2-3$ ¯\(ツ)/¯ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 38

11 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I support it 

spacer.png

You support stealing? I’d understand if it was straight from some giant corp/company, but these are everyday people getting money stolen from them. From my understanding, this particular person said they’re getting tipped anyway. 

I don’t go to SB so I don’t know what that means or how they do things, but idk how to feel about this :doc:

Edited by fijitears
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

If you’re paying for a 10$ drink, I’m sure you have disposable money to tip 2-3$ ¯\(ツ)/¯ 

Or...you know...maybe Starbucks could like...actually pay genuinely liveable salaries so that their employees don't feel the need to commit literal fraud on customers.

I'm sure Starbucks has disposable money too!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Thank god I don't live in America

• Like 10

And this is why I stick to Dunkin. :clap3: Starbucks is designer coffee...you're paying for the brand more than anything.

4 minutes ago, May said:

are u on crack ?

It’s the drive thru. ur getting paid for making coffee by ur employer . what exactly are u doing in the 30 seconds of interaction we have that would prompt me to pay u 30% more ?

get a job that pays properly and QUIT scavving off strangers who just want a damn coffee you stupid *****!

How about you get a job that can pay you enough to give someone 8 quarters worth of change for a tip and stop taking your broke a** to buy luxury liquid you definitely don't need. What, would you go to a club and not tip the ****** bartender? You're an a**.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 16

2 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

How about you get a job that can pay you enough to give someone 8 quarters worth of change for a tip and stop taking your broke a** to buy luxury liquid you definitely don't need. What, would you go to a club and not tip the ****** bartender? You're an a**.

why not argue this hard for employers to increase their wages or just include a mandatory service charge? :lakitu:

• Like 6

Just now, Asscatchem said:

why not argue this hard for employers to increase their wages or just include a mandatory service charge? :lakitu:

Oh omg yeah, because nobodies fighting for service industry wage increases. Cmon sis.:isudumblmao:

4 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

What, would you go to a club and not tip the ****** bartender? You're an a**.

yes i would you ******* freak guess what? because i live in a country that isn’t buck **** backwards and doesn’t rely on average citizens to take responsibility for CEO’s and pay their employees wages but ur so brainwashed into thinking that this is in ANY regard normal that you’d rather jump on atrl and screech like a crying pissbaby with a shitty diaper about how people are a*holes bc we don’t wanna pay YOUR wage instead of putting that energy into drafting out an email to YOUR employer whom YOU signed a contract with . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Afterglow said:

Oh omg yeah, because nobodies fighting for service industry wage increases. Cmon sis.:isudumblmao:

would love to see receipts of you fighting employers before coming for the consumers!

• Like 1

The fight and fumes in this thread 

spacer.png

Edited by fijitears
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, May said:

yes i would you ******* freak guess what? because i live in a country that isn’t buck **** backwards and doesn’t rely on average citizens to take responsibility for CEO’s and pay their employees wages but ur so brainwashed into thinking that this is in ANY regard normal that you’d rather jump on atrl and screech like a crying pissbaby with a shitty diaper about how people are a*holes bc we don’t wanna pay YOUR wage instead of putting that energy into drafting out an email to YOUR employer whom YOU signed a contract with . 

Guess what when you're in a country where people have to rely on that sh*t then you provide or take your pompous a** to Target and buy yourself a home Espresso maker made in a Foxconn  sweatshop and support their CEO's hun. That better?

Because since you're too stuck up to provide in a tip culture environment, you don't need to take part in it whatsoever!

Edited by Afterglow
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, Afterglow said:

Gues what when you're in a country where people have to rely on that sh*t then you provide or take your pompous a** to Target and buy yourself a home Espresso maker.

Because since you're too stuck up to provide in a tip culture environment, you don't need to take part in it whatsoever!

what you gonna ******* do if i come to America and dont tip you, *****? you gonna fight me ?? YOU GONNA BEAT MY ASS ???? WHAT YOU GON DO?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, May said:

what you gonna ******* do if i come to America and dont tip you, *****? you gonna fight me ?? YOU GONNA BEAT MY ASS ???? WHAT YOU GON DO?

they usually make a mental note of you and spit in your order the next time  :lakitu:

• Haha 2

Just now, Asscatchem said:

they usually make a mental note of you and spit in your order the next time  :lakitu:

that user seems like the type, i fear. 

I’m actually mortified and I really would fight a ***** over $3 if I found out she did that after, it’s incredibly disrespectful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, May said:

Sis you clearly need some coffee

Edited by Afterglow

Tipping culture is absolutely ridiculous and it continues due to years of years of servers, baristas, bartenders, cooks just saying “this is just how this industry works”. 
I used to work at Starbucks where our pay was well above minimum wage maybe 8 years back. We had a tipping jar that people threw coins in. We used to just donate that to our local food shelter at the end of each week. Why? Because we got paid properly and didn’t rely on the customers to be making up for what our bosses should be paying us. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.