Hetero HIV infections overtake gay and bisexual cases in Scotland

Espresso

Gays are more clued up on sexual health so this isn't really a surprise. 

Hopefully another step closer to eradicating this disease. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

good for them :camping:

Str8s are the new guttersl**ts.

My girl friend has more unprotected sex with random men than an 18 y/o fresh on grindr…it’s actually quite concerning and I been warning her to be more safe, outwardly and internally, but str8s don’t have the horrors of the peak of the AIDS epidemic branded in their mind..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These news should honestly make more headlines with bigger media outlets, sadly I still come across tones of people who still think HIV is a gay issue only.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

So heres the thing. The str8/bi married DL guys on grindr never know their status.

They always say "oh im clean ive never been with a guy" or "oh dude im married" (as if being married means your neg and std free).

I have to push to ask for the last time they got tested and most of the time they get mad and then ignore/block. 

For some reason i feel like testing kits need to be ready and more available for str8s. They are too scared to go get tested or dont have the "time".

• Like 2

This was bound to happen. The LGBTQ+ community is far more educated on these matters while the sex education a lot of heteros receive is abstinence nonsense. :rip:

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jaguarqueef said:

Str8s are the new guttersl**ts.

My girl friend has more unprotected sex with random men than an 18 y/o fresh on grindr…it’s actually quite concerning and I been warning her to be more safe, outwardly and internally, but str8s don’t have the horrors of the peak of the AIDS epidemic branded in their mind..

The title is slightly misleading because it's just talking about overall case numbers, not infection rates within each population - so a far higher percentage of gay/bi men are still getting infected than straights, but there are just more straight infections overall because there's so many more of them.

eg 2000 new cases in a population of 100,000 straights (2% infection rate) vs 1500 new cases in a population of 5000 gay/bi men (30% infection rate) would fit this headline (assuming roughly 5% of men are gay/bi)

24 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

So heres the thing. The str8/bi married DL guys on grindr never know their status.

They always say "oh im clean ive never been with a guy" or "oh dude im married" (as if being married means your neg and std free).

I have to push to ask for the last time they got tested and most of the time they get mad and then ignore/block. 

For some reason i feel like testing kits need to be ready and more available for str8s. They are too scared to go get tested or dont have the "time".

Married closeted men (for the majority and in general) are the ones who have more occasional random sex with strangers since they never (or rarely) go in a relationshio since they're married and they don't live a proper openly queer life when these health warning are being put often on the table with awareness and discussions with other lgbtq+ people, majority of them are often ignorant when it comes to health stuff, they're absolutely to avoid.

Putting PrEP on the NHS was genuinely a life saving decision for LGBT people and community as a whole.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Worm said:

The title is slightly misleading because it's just talking about overall case numbers, not infection rates within each population - so a far higher percentage of gay/bi men are still getting infected than straights, but there are just more straight infections overall because there's so many more of them.

eg 2000 new cases in a population of 100,000 straights (2% infection rate) vs 1500 new cases in a population of 5000 gay/bi men (30% infection rate) would fit this headline (assuming roughly 5% of men are gay/bi)

so...at the end of the day we still have a higher %? chile

Mistr 

Straights still think it's not their problem, but they love sodomizing their girlfriends. 

Off topic. Get tested. Use condoms or at the very least a medication like Truvada or Descovy. Love yourselves sisters. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney
  • Like 1

Just now, Blue Rose said:

Stop them from donating blood :biblio:

This always made me feel like a 2nd class citizen. I hated the way that made me feel. 

21 minutes ago, Worm said:

This is still very bad for the heterosexual community. There are more of them so their % will always look good. That’s how they spin it.

Obviously this is a problem for everyone and straights need to be more aware of it. 

Some of y'all must live in a parallel universe acting like the gays are paragons of safe/responsible sex cuz...

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

20 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Married closeted men are the ones who have more occasional random sex with strangers

Did anyone read the article? While straight people are getting more infections. LGBTQ people are hit hard due to being a smaller demographic. The percentage of people being infected in that group is more important than the total infections. 

16 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

Some of y'all must live in a parallel universe acting like the gays are paragons of safe/responsible sex cuz...

Nobody has said that, but there's definitely more awareness when it comes to HIV and STD in general between gay people in comparison to straight people, there's a reason if tones of gay these days use PrEP at least even between the ones more sexually active, meanwhile majority of straight people don't even know what it is.

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Nobody has said that, but there's definitely more awareness when it comes to HIV and STD in general between gay people in general in comparison to straight people, there's a reason if tones of gay these days use PrEP at least even between the ones more sexually active, meanwhile majority of straight people don't even know what it is.

That’s of course true, but at the same time there’s just as much willful disregard despite more awareness and education. At least that’s my experience.

this isn’t good news tho? i hope nobody has to suffer from this awful disease in the 21st century. people seeing this as some “gotcha!” moment are disturbing.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.