Who had the bigger comebacks among these pop Queens? 

leyaris11

Who had a bigger comeback songs?   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a bigger comeback songs?

• The Queen of pop Madonna - Hung Up
    • The Aussie of Pop Kylie Minogue - CGUOOMH
    • The Princess of Pop Britney Spears - Womanizer

They all have their up and down moment and all made a successful comeback, but the question is who had the bigger comebacks among these pop queens? 

Edited by leyaris11

Hung up > can't get you outta my head > womanizer 

• Like 5

I don't know if I would call CGYOMH a comeback? Her previous era was successful outside of the US. The US was never her main market anyway.

OT: Hung Up for sure 

• Like 1

Can't Get You Out of My Head - WikipediaWomanizer (song) - WikipediaHung Up – Wikipedia tiếng Việt

Edited by leyaris11

Hung Up was A COMEBACK! and a bop. So that's it.

Womanizer and CGYOMH they were successful with their latest projects too so it was less of a comeback. (Kylie successful in her market)

and CGYOMH is basically Kylie's first hit in the USA and some other countries, no? so it was more of a start than a comeback. 

• Like 1

Every time I see one of these threads including Hung Up I can't help but think that these people weren't born yet when it was released. Hung Up is literally one of the biggest hits ever. It was everywhere

I'm not saying Womanizer and CGYOOMH weren't big -or even huge- but that was nothing compared to the mega smash Hung Up was

• Like 2

Madonna. HU was huge everywhere.

• Like 1

Hung Up. Britney’s was more of a personal comeback than professional, since Blackout was successful despite having zero program besides a heavily panned VMA performance, and Kylie wasn’t a comeback anywhere except for the US. 

Madonna was coming off the American Life era, which was seen as a big letdown compared to her previous releases. A lot of people were writing her off, but Hung Up reinforced her position as the Queen of Pop.

• Like 2

Hung Up was massive. I was too young for CGYOMH but it was on a NOW CD and I remember bopping to it in my bedroom, and watched the video whenever it was on MTV. 

Was womanizer a comeback?? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlossomSoul said:

i was in elementary school and never heard "Hung Up" anywhere

Was your school in jungle?

• Haha 2

Madonna with "Hung Up." That was such a fun, fresh and exciting moment in pop music!

• Like 1

CGYOOMH > Womanizer > Hung Up

CGYOOMH put Kylie on the map for a whole new generation and is still almost definitely her best known song worldwide. Womanizer was such a big deal because everyone wrote Britney off, even the courts, and she proved them wrong with a massive In the Zone-sized era in late 2008-2009. Over 10 years into her career. HU is overrated and Madonna was never going anywhere so it's really just a comeback in the sense that it charted very well.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

CGYOOMH > Womanizer > Hung Up

CGYOOMH put Kylie on the map for a whole new generation and is still almost definitely her best known song worldwide. Womanizer was such a big deal because everyone wrote Britney off, even the courts, and she proved them wrong with a massive In the Zone-sized era in late 2008-2009. Over 10 years into her career. HU is overrated and Madonna was never going anywhere so it's really just a comeback in the sense that it charted very well.

Confessions was bigger than Circus and In The Zone though?

• Like 2

Hung Up was insane, it did do moderately well in US with nearly 2M copies sold and it was a monster in Europe.

Circus was decent but it got light because Blackout was overshowed and sabotaged in 2007. I could see Blackout selling 5M pure copies WW if was handled well. 

there’s a reason these three women are being discussed and I’ll leave it at that! 

Hung Up is still the most danceable pop song ever created and everyone knows it. 

Womanizer was huge for Britney standards, it made her globally relevant again music wise. Even the straights knew it and enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.