Love Is Blind [Season 5] on Netflix

FOCK

What are your thoughts on S5 so far? 

I think it’s the most likeable group of people the show has had in a while. They actually all seem genuine & on for the right reasons this time around (time will tell). 

The plot twist between Lydia/Aaliyah/Uche was NOT expected. 

I like Milton, but I feel he’s too young to be jumping into this & Lydia is gonna end up more of a mess. 

Izzy’s thighs. :allears: 

Edited by FOCK

Justic is very hot, a shame I haven't seen more of him. Instead of ignoring half the cast they should at least do a montage to show why they never quite clicked with anyone.

Johnnie screams toxic Karen, Chris can do better...

Lydia/Aaliyah thing is frustrating  because:

1: Lydia needs to calm TF down about sharing deets of their history

2: Aaliyah needs to grow a pair... she should of outright told Lydia that she doesn't want to hear any of their past

...  and she should be mature enough to look past it. Lydia isn't actually her best friend and out of the house, she won't be in the picture 

Edited by Otter

Honestly, I'm just excited for Trixie and Katya to react to this after the strike is over fully. 

Edited by Indie Go Mind

On 10/1/2023 at 4:49 AM, Contessa said:

uche is a sociopath

Agree, I have no idea why Aaliyah was so gutted about him. He’s a total narc & I’m glad Lydia wasn’t entertaining his bs. The sexting expose was a gag! 

JP’s scenes were so cringe to watch, like pulling teeth to get anything out him. I understand that having cameras present may make things awkward, but what did he think was gonna happen on a reality show. That whole “don’t wear make up” scene was… insane. I wish we got more Johnie & Chris during the holiday section rather than JP & Taylor. 

Izzy coming for Johnie so hard was also super unexpected. I don’t think she meant say 2 different things, she just got caught up in emotion. He should’ve at least let her explain. 

I was also really gunning for Izzy & Stacey, but her crying about plastic plates made her completely unbearable. The difference in financial status is an interesting issue for the show to explore though. 

Milton & Lydia surprised me, I think they’ll be the only ones to last. 

Apparently, there were more couples that made it to Mexico that they filmed, but for whatever reason, were cut from the final product, which is why there is a lack of Nick & Vanessa (as they’d be in group scenes that are tricky to edit) & why it somehow feels “off”. 

Edited by FOCK

Yeah I was wondering why the Mexico trip was so short. Perhaps they had to film the union scenes again once they decided to cut some couples so they didn’t even show them reacting to the opposite sexes cuz they had already seen each other before

12 hours ago, FOCK said:

Agree, I have no idea why Aaliyah was so gutted about him.

It seems like she has unresolved trauma that's making her emotionally attach to narcs

This season is a mess.  We're only following two couples going into the final batch of episodes?  Are Chris/Johnie rejoining?  If so why didn't we see their reunion?  

Why did they cut other couples if so many of these ones are massive flops?

Also Uche is an absolute psychopath, like he's genuinely terrifying.  The way he tried to paint both Lydia and Aaliyah as hysterical troubled crazy women while he was out cheating and manipulating... YIKES!

I don't know if I have much faith in either of the remaining couples being together long term. 

This season is definitely rough. I found the pod episodes really interesting this time around, they had more to them than in previous seasons. 
But everything after the pods definitely feels off? The couples do not really work for me. In previous seasons there was at least one couple i was rooting for but this time around… idk. 
But i am excited for the mess that could start when the „pod-exes“ return.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.