The big 4 in Pop. Who is the most famous household name, global etc

Violadavis.thumb.gif.8cbb04603a4ce656a79

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Taeyong said:

One sneak as per usual

Β 

Violadavis.thumb.gif.8cbb04603a4ce656a79

LOL which one? Should I have included Rihanna and Katy Perry?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ScubaDive said:

LOL which one? Should I have included Rihanna and Katy Perry?

Katy Perry is a sneak babes.

Β 

And are you really questioning if Rihanna is more famous than Gaga... Let's be serious bbyΒ :dies:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

Katy Perry is a sneak babes.

Β 

And are you really questioning if Rihanna is more famous than Gaga... Let's be serious bbyΒ :dies:

No, but she hasn't released in years that's all

Right now is Taylor

Β 

Last decade was Beyonce

Β 

But Britney was the most famous overall because of her insane peak

Β 

None the names mentioned has been as famous as Britney was in her insane celeb peak

• Like 1

It kind of depends on a lot of factors tbh. For example, Britney is pretty much a household name to anyone who had any level of exposure to pop culture in the 2000s, considering her massive hold on media before the internet became widespread. Then Lady Gaga was kind of the last "superstar" in the sense that people of all ages were fascinated by her every move, even if they didn't particularly like her. She also benefited from a combination of the internet really propelling her into the mainstream, while also having print media be still relevant. BeyoncΓ© is probably a lot more well known to black (and especially black queer) audiences of all generations and has also had a very consistent career for 25+ years, even if she never reached the peak levels of exposure that Britney and Gaga did. Taylor has also had a crazy level of sustained-success and just seems to keep getting bigger. I'd argue her cross-generational appeal is also the biggest.

Β 

If I had to choose, I would say Taylor will probably go down as the most famous when we look back on music in 50/100 years, just because of her insane levels of (consistent) success in all metrics on a global level, combined with her general respect within the music industry, and her relatability to so many people. Also, I feel like she'll still be very relevant for the foreseeable future which will help.

• Like 1

Taylor, Gaga and Beyonce. That one is a sneak tho.Β 

• Thumbs Down 1

Overall:

Β 

Taylor

Beyonce

Britney

Gaga

Β 

Β 

All Legends!!

There was a study just last year that showed Spears was the most famous artist. But to be fair, they’re basically all around the same level of fame except one.Β 

Taylor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.