Florida school district orders librarians to remove ALL books with LGBT characters

Redstreak

Librarians in public schools in Charlotte County, Florida, were instructed by the school district superintendent to remove all books with LGBTQ characters or themes from school and classroom libraries. 

Charlotte County school librarians sought guidance from the school district about how to apply an expansion of the Florida Parental Rights in Education Act, better known as the "Don't Say Gay" law, to all grades. "Are we removing books from any school or media center, Prek-12 if a character has, for example, two mothers or because there is a gay best friend or a main character is gay?" the librarians asked. Charlotte County Superintendent Mark Vianello answered, "Yes." 

https://popular.info/p/florida-school-district-orders-librarians?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, awesomepossum said:

Popular.info? I'm scared

It’s a link to the reporter’s substack

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

They can hide references to us all they want but we’re here. All this is gonna do is drive a new generation of homos into the closet with secret kinks and shit while they cheat on their ugly church going wives. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

It’s a link to the reporter’s substack

Omg I'm so f%@#$!g old

Edited by awesomepossum

I am scared and terrified.

Our country is becoming more and more facist by the minute with DeSantis, Trump, etc.

We must save America.

Edited by réveuse

i fear we need another stonewall riot soon

What Ariana said when she licked that donut.

• Haha 1

There is a reason why the governor from Florida's presidential candidacy is FLOPPING nationwide. He's simply too extreme for most Americans.

Florida is one of the nastiest places on planet earth. Im sad for the kids and even the adults who are stuck there for whatever economic or personal reasons. This is where good parenting is ESSENTAIL

• ATRL Moderator

It’s genuinely horrifying how this has received relatively little pushback in the mainstream. 

:ahh: The way FL is going to elect a Dem to governor once DeSantis is done. They are really ******* themselves over with all of this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.