911 POLITICAL EMERGENCY: Trump Leads Biden 51-42 in new ABC News/WaPost Poll

nadiamendell

Trump edges out Biden 51-42 in head-to-head matchup: POLL - ABC News (go.com)

President Joe Biden's job approval rating is 19 points underwater, his ratings for handling the economy and immigration are at career lows. A record number of Americans say they've become worse off under his presidency, three-quarters say he's too old for another term and Donald Trump is looking better in retrospect -- all severe challenges for Biden in his reelection campaign ahead.

Forty-four percent of Americans in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll say they've gotten worse off financially under Biden's presidency, the most for any president in ABC/Post polls since 1986. Just 37% approve of his job performance, while 56% disapprove. Still fewer approve of Biden's performance on the economy, 30%.

On handling immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border, Biden's rating is even lower, with 23% approval. In terms of intensity of sentiment, 20% strongly approve of his work overall, while 45% strongly disapprove. And the 74% who say he's too old for a second term is up 6 percentage points since May. Views that Trump is too old also are up, but to 50% in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates.

Thoughts? 

Edited by nadiamendell

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Afterglow

• GhostBox

• Communion

• wesleywalrus

USA needs a wake up call. Democrat or Republican, it’s a **** hole for anyone who wants to live in 2023. 

• Thanks 1

It'll be fine. General consensus here is that we all prefer Bidens era due to the constant hate and fighting lf the Trump era.

It’s almost like Marianne Williamson was right. 

1 minute ago, Afterglow said:

It'll be fine. General consensus here is that we all prefer Bidens era due to the constant hate and fighting lf the Trump era.

People consistently underestimate Trump. He blew Hillary out of the water and did surprisingly well in 2020 considering the circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

All of these people have landlines. That’s all I have to say. 

yeah with that in mind trump was always gonna come out on top :thing: 

• Like 1

It's funny how Biden is always "too old" but Trump is basically the same age now as Biden was when he became president. He is old too!

Granted Trump speaks pretty quickly and is pretty sassy so it isn't as in-your-face as Biden.

• Thanks 1

Well yeah…Biden barely beat Trump after trump fumbled the Covid response and crashed the economy…what makes people think Biden would win when he is the defending incumbent.

The democrats overall seem to have a messaging problem.  They don’t really stand for anything so people don’t associate their successes with them.  They also don’t really over a compelling reason to support them other than “we are not the other party”. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

All of these people have landlines. That’s all I have to say. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Well yeah…Biden barely beat Trump after trump fumbled the Covid response and crashed the economy…what makes people think Biden would win when he is the defending incumbent.

The democrats overall seem to have a messaging problem.  They don’t really stand for anything so people don’t associate their successes with them.  They also don’t really over a compelling reason to support them other than “we are not the other party”. 

The democrats have a messaging problem when this is happening?: https://abcnews.go.com/538/democrats-winning-big-special-elections/story?id=103315703

I agree, they suck.  But 2022 and 2023 data says no, they’re getting the message out fine post Dobbs 

12 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The democrats have a messaging problem when this is happening?

Does Republicans having an awful message mean someone Democrats have an exciting one?

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Does Republicans having an awful message mean someone Democrats have an exciting one?

No. But it means they’re getting people to vote for them and flipping seats in state legislatures. When it comes to winning elections, it involves “messaging”. 

Democrats are about to flip the state house in New Hampshire and just captured the PA House because of the data provided in the article I posted 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

No. But it means they’re getting people to vote for them and flipping seats in state legislatures. When it comes to winning elections, it involves “messaging”. 

Democrats are about to flip the state house in New Hampshire and just captured the PA House because of the data provided in the article I posted 

Is Joe Biden running on the same message as Pennsylvania Democrats? 

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Is Joe Biden running on the same message as Pennsylvania Democrats? 

In some ways, yeah. He’s talking about how trump overturned Roe Vs. Wade. 

Listen, I think he’s a bad candidate and a do nothing president, but polling a year out from an election has to be taken at face value. Univision (the most accurate source for polling Hispanic Americans in the country) just released a poll today saying he’s doing better with Latinos than he did in 2020: https://x.com/carrasquillo/status/1706353980647886857?s=46&t=F2Kqdy7aScoPGAKFHNr8dQ

I don’t believe that, just like I don’t believe he’s 9 points below trump 

• Like 1

Mhmm, I watched a video yesterday about how Democrats are significantly outperforming polling and 2020 results in all the special elections since the 2020 election

Not the people wanting an criminal over Sleepy Joe :deadbanana4:

not even the ATRL trumpsters are running in here because we all know this seems sus :celestial6:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheCheshireCat said:

It's funny how Biden is always "too old" but Trump is basically the same age now as Biden was when he became president. He is old too!

Granted Trump speaks pretty quickly and is pretty sassy so it isn't as in-your-face as Biden.

Democratic and left-leaning voters have standards for who they vote for, while many right-wingers and Republicans have fallen into the Trump camp, so age and controversies don’t impact their support of him. 

We need to stop underestimating Trump and his republicans

This poll is most likely an outlier but Biden is in serious danger for 2024. Between his own unpopularity within the Democratic Party, his absolute PANNING among Independents and Republicans, terrible economy, suffocating inflation, border disaster, and inability to put a few sentences together I wouldn’t doubt Trump can beat him. The debates will be a nightmare for Biden as well because he really has no accomplishments to stand on. 

The most concerning thing is the Latino and Black voter support of Trump increasing since 2020. I doubt Trump will ever win a popular vote, but he can very easily win the electoral college if this continues.

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.