"The Office" reboot to be announced once the strikes ends

lillavend3r

4 hours ago, swiftsummer13 said:

how many successful sitcom revivals have there been (successful meaning 5+ seasons)? all that comes to mind is fuller house, and maybe the conners.

And Just Like That has been renewed for a season 3, so it's doing well. We are not long enough into the "reboot everything" trend to have a lot of shows that make it that far but there has been a few.

OT: I am really surprised by the reactions here. This show is still very popular and consistently receives huge ratings on streaming. It only makes sense to do a reboot and give it's fans more content. Desperate Housewives next please!

• Thumbs Down 1

The only way this could work is not having anything to do with the others. Just same format + set in an office. 

As if the people who make watching The Office religiously their entire personality needed more ammunition to annoy the rest of us. :rip:

Admittedly, I am curious to see if it’s a straight up reboot or a continuation of the original, which would be terrible considering it ended just perfectly. Not having Steve Carrell return as Michael Scott will definitely hurt this since a majority of fans agree the later seasons without Carrell are not as good.

They should give us a Reba reboot instead! 

I am surprised by the hate against The Office

like okay, Friends I can get somewhat..but it's like every big old comedy series is getting attacked when there is news about it :dies:

• 1 month later...

As a HUGE fan of the office... I don't want this, unless its just a little mini-series to catch up with all the characters 

• 5 months later...

not fan of this idea of reboot set in the same universe, especially from the same creator who completely lost his mojo. (his last show was dreadful)

let's be real, the magic of the office was a lightning in a bottle and the conjuncture of an amazing team of writers (who also acted in the show), BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling among others.

you can't recreate this kind of once in a lifetime magic

2 hours ago, Lovett said:

at least they have exciting casting because both are fantastic actors.

5 hours ago, Lovett said:

I love Sabrina!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.