H100: Slime You Out #1, Snooze #3

Renan90

Rod-Wave-press-credit-Brett-Arndt-2023-b

Rod Wave Scores Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With ‘Nostalgia’

He's only the second act to have notched new No. 1 albums in each of the last three years.

Rod Wave captures his third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart (dated Sept. 30) as his latest release, Nostalgia, opens atop the tally. The set bows with 137,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 21, according to Luminate — the rapper/singer’s biggest week yet by units earned. Nearly all of the album’s first-week sum was driven by streaming activity of the set’s 18 tracks.

The artist previously led the Billboard 200 with his last two full-length projects, Beautiful Mind (2022) and SoulFly (2021). He’s only the second artist, following Taylor Swift, to have notched a new No. 1 album in each of the last three years. In total, Nostalgia is his sixth top 10-charting effort — the entirety of his entries on the Billboard 200.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Sept. 30, 2023-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on Tuesday (Sept. 26). For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/rod-wave-third-number-one-album-billboard-200-chart-nostalgia-1235419853/

Billboard 200: #1(new) @rodwave, Nostalgia 137,000 [187.51 million on-demand streams | 1,500 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #2(-1) @oliviarodrigo, GUTS 134,000 (436,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #3(=) @zachlanebryan, Zach Bryan 79,000 (489,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 2 weeks*

Billboard 200: #4(=) @MorganWallen, One Thing At A Time 76,000 (4,057,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 15 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(+1) @sza, SOS 53,000 (3,148,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #6(-1) Travis Scott (@trvisXX), UTOPIA 47,000 (1,260,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 4 weeks*

Billboard 200: #7(=) Peso Pluma (@_PesoPluma), GÉNESIS 46,000 (671,000 units since release). *peak: #3 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #8(=) @taylorswift13, Midnights 42,000 (5,785,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 6 weeks*

Billboard 200: #9(=) @MorganWallen, Dangerous: The Double Album 38,000 (7,328,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #10(+1) #Barbie Soundtrack 36,000 (576,000 units since release). *peak: #2*

drake-dreamville-2023-billboard-1548.jpg

Drake & SZA’s ‘Slime You Out’ Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100

Drake adds his 12th leader, tying for the fifth-most in the chart's history, and SZA scores her second.

Drake’s “Slime You Out,” featuring SZA, soars in at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.

The collaboration, from Drake’s album For All the Dogs, expected Oct. 6, is Drake’s 12th Hot 100 leader, tying him for the fifth-most in the list’s history, and SZA’s second.

SZA also surges to a new No. 3 Hot 100 high with her own single “Snooze,” boosted by a new remix with Justin Bieber.

Plus, Luke Combs’ cover of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car,” at No. 4 on the Hot 100, hits No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart for the first time, after a lengthy wait parked in the runner-up spot.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data, the lattermost metric reflecting purchases of physical singles and digital tracks from full-service digital music retailers; digital singles sales from direct-to-consumer (D2C) sites are excluded from chart calculations. All charts (dated Sept. 30, 2023) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Sept. 26). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/drake-sza-slime-you-out-hot-100-number-one-debut-1235420205/

Hot 100

#1 Slime You Out (NEW)

#2 Paint The Town Red (=)

#3 Snooze (+5)

#4 Fast Car (=)

#5 I Remember Everything (-2)

#6 Cruel Summer (-1)

#7 Vampire (-6)

#8 Last Night (-2)

#9 Fukumean (=)

#10 Dance The Night (=)

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Ger

• Cryptique

• Eóghan

Race was closee, but congrats to Rod! :clap3: 

Wheew, great numbers for week two :clap3:

Edited by Hot Volcano

Is he an Apple Music exclusive? because I didn't see him charting on Spotify

6 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

he had the week's #4 album on spotify.

https://charts.spotify.com/charts/view/album-us-weekly/latest

ah ok

he's still occupying most of the top 20 on AM and he's nowhere to be seen in the daily Spotify top 200

that's why I'm a bit mystified 

Olivia is here to stay.

Be89LeA.gif

Congrats to Rod Wave, too

Morgan already hitting 4M :rip: what's his charm i don't get it even though i bop to last night a bit

6 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Morgan already hitting 4M :rip: what's his charm i don't get it even though i bop to last night a bit

well over 90% is from streams, so ig his stans like to keep him on repeat for years on end

42 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

oh-well-saturday-night-live.gif

2 hours ago, Eóghan said:

ah ok

he's still occupying most of the top 20 on AM and he's nowhere to be seen in the daily Spotify top 200

that's why I'm a bit mystified 

He's just much bigger on Apple Music

Not 3k diff :skull:

OLIVIA is WINNING :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.