Disco vs Tension

GlamSlam

Disco vs Tension  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your fav?

• ATRL Moderator

Disco 100%

Tension was a disappointment.  I wanted the whole album filled with Padams and Tensions but that’s not what we got. 

• Like 2

Disco, for sure. I still enjoy Tension but I agree that I'd have preferred if the whole album leaned more into the Padam Padam sound.

hmm recency bias may be strong here but Tension just has that classic Kylie feel to me that I haven't gotten from a lot of her other recent albums. While I really enjoy Disco, a lot of it is really... idk empty. Tension brings that typical rush on a lot of songs that I think Kylie does best.

still, both are great, especially compared to Flop Me Once and Rotten.   

• Like 2

There’s definitely an ‘80s disco/emotopop-a-la-Lost Without You quality to a lot of this album. It’s all meant to be a euphoric rush. It’s the musical equivalent to a steamy shower sex scene on VHS.

Back in 2018 when Golden was released, everyone wanted to hear her do an entire album that sounded like Lost Without You. I can certainly hear the similarities and inspiration that gave Tension... this is exactly what she is delivering. Her use of the 'emotopop' label kinda was the perfect word to describe this. It's joyful, sexy, sensual and spicy in parts. It's super fun.

• Like 1

Tension is cute but Disco is gorgeous.

What i love about tension is that the concept is Kylie herself, i feel like the record its a summary of her last decade in music. Disco was a more conceptual body of work with a specific idea on mind and she delivered

I'm shocked.mp3 that more people prefer Disco - before I voted I was ready to defend Disco because I felt like it got a hard time from some fans.

Disco is quite good but Tension is just more tight in my opinion. Every song on Tension is good, it's got a fun, uplifting and optimistic energy. So does Disco, but it's very cheesy at points in my opinion.

Both fire albums and among her very best, but I’m voting for Disco. It’s not only skipless, but also feels like a true body of work with a very distinctive soundscape and a clear vision. Tension on the other hand tries to be many things at once, which makes it more exciting, but less compelling / fulfilling at the same time. In that regard it reminds me a lot of X.

Love DISCO but Tension sounds more ambitious, polished and inspired. Hold On To Now stomps on any track on DISCO.

Disco: 16 songs with no skips.

Tension: 14 songs with 3 skips (Tension, Love Train, Just Imagine).

The math says Disco wins this for me. But I do think Tension is a very strong record.

Edited by Gladiator

Disco Guest list edition had 19 non-skips

thats pretty impressive 

Tension has those deluxe tracks and Hands

Disco easily. It was more instant, and every song besides Monday Blues is amazing.

Probably DISCO, but it's too soon to tell. Both are great records.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.