Democrat switches to Republican after winning

SmittenCake

This **** is happening too often and should be illegal

Voters should be able to have a recall election or sue if someone does this. Maybe if Republicans didn’t have awful fascist policies, then they wouldn’t have to cheat. 

• Like 10

Here is the op-Ed he wrote:
WSJ

Tbh I would vote for a republican mayor here (Seattle). The city’s current strategy is just not working.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He needs to be sued for fraud and immediately removed from office.

If he truly believed a Republican could win the office, he should have ran as one.

Yeah, this should be illegal, or a new election should be automatically held. You can't defraud voters like that.

11 minutes ago, VOSS said:

Here is the op-Ed he wrote:
WSJ

Tbh I would vote for a republican mayor here (Seattle). The city’s current strategy is just not working.

“American cities need Republicans, and Republicans need American cities.” 

A very articulate article presenting facts, positivity, and logic. I expect the majority of users on this site (and the populace in general) to not only NOT read this, but also respond with the same vapid echo chamber comments he specifically is calling to an end for. I wish more people could have coherent, intelligent conversations rather than resorting to cheap stereotypes that are vehemently resented when it’s the other way around. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

This stuff happens the whole time in Mexico, people jumping from one party to another... we call them 'chapulines' (grasshoppers) :swan:

3 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

“American cities need Republicans, and Republicans need American cities.” 

A very articulate article presenting facts, positivity, and logic. I expect the majority of users on this site (and the populace in general) to not only NOT read this, but also respond with the same vapid echo chamber comments he specifically is calling to an end for. I wish more people could have coherent, intelligent conversations rather than resorting to cheap stereotypes that are vehemently resented when it’s the other way around. 

And are the facts, positivity, and logic in the room with us right now? Because I read the article all the way through, and all I saw was someone so far up his own ass trying to get attention and make a name for himself.

• Like 4

• ATRL Moderator

Everyone saying this should be illegal... You realize if they can't switch parties legally, they'll just legislate like a Republican without officially changing party affiliation, right? There's kind of no way to limit this.

Just now, scenekiller said:

And are the facts, positivity, and logic in the room with us right now? Because I read the article all the way through, and all I saw was someone so far up his own ass trying to get attention and make a name for himself.

How does anything you just typed have to do with the turmoil going on in America’s Democrat run, major cities? Do you have a solution? An argument? A perspective that isn’t mass media minted rhetoric? Try again. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Do Nothing Party needs to start vetting their candidates and make sure that this stops :deadbanana4:

This is career suicide anyway for that mayor. Enjoy your last few years 

• Like 2

Grounds for recall. That said, I have begun voting for Republicans in the local city races. But I would never ever vote Republican in a national election.

• Thumbs Down 2

Democrats with incompetent state parties should maybe start vetting their candidates much better. 

TX Dems and NC Dems are losers for a reason! 

What exactly does this mean on a municipal level? I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the goal is to have a friendlier relationship with the governor or state legislature. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a big corruption angle here. 

I used to work in state government and it’s very clear how many state representatives have a big disdain for people that represent the city, and will further bills with no real logic beyond sticking it to the people in the Big City. 

Becoming chummy with the ruling party can both be a way to get favorable legislation passed, or also be a way to have allies when you don’t want your behavior scrutinized.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

How does anything you just typed have to do with the turmoil going on in America’s Democrat run, major cities? Do you have a solution? An argument? A perspective that isn’t mass media minted rhetoric? Try again. 

Am I running for office? We can just as easily talk about the rundown, poverty and crime-stricken red areas (and entire STATES) that exist.

Nice diversion, but let’s focus on what the topic actually is - a man trying to garner attention and further himself in the political sphere through deceptive means.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.