Is anyone else tired of ironic homophobic jokes from gay people?

Galaxy

I don’t know what to tell you boo, I deleted Twitter when that transphobic c*nt bought it and I haven’t looked back :celestial3:

Tbh straights jumped on all the gay inner jokes in the last couple years and have gotten more comfortable  being homophobic

This started around 2020

Gays started it

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I agree it's a good idea not to post those kind of jokes in social media spaces where it can give off a bad message

1 hour ago, DougAF said:

Sometimes, but then there’s some people who absolutely deserve it. Like that gay couple with the Twitter post about getting ****** by a third party, the third party stealing their cell phone, and then their rooftop proposal at the end of the day. 

:khaylan2:

Oh that was a classic

OP: yes, it's tired

I don’t mind it because sometimes it needs to be said, even to me, stay humbled

In real life, when made by someone who is using it as a self depreciating joke with respect, I’m good. Online, it comes off as an insult. It leads to the usage of a certain other word (or words for some smaller circles) that has now crossed over to mainstream media - certain words that should’ve never been “reclaimed” have now been associated once again with us and now the mainstream heterosexuals feel emboldened by the ignorant few to use words that had been used as slurs (the definitions of which still are slurs) in every day life. 

5 hours ago, Trent W said:

Tbh straights jumped on all the gay inner jokes in the last couple years and have gotten more comfortable  being homophobic

This started around 2020

Gays started it

that and straight people, especially straight girls, love to call gays twinks now but they actually just mean ****** :rip:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.