• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anti-Hero

• Anvarie

• yonsé

• liam13

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love how she writes « Beyoncé » next to every’s song’s credits :eli:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I personally love how she writes « Beyoncé » next to every’s song’s credits :eli:

At least she's not used to hiring ghost-singers. Get out Britney stan. 

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

You mean "What are Beyonce's lyrical hallmarks?", cause you said songwriting which is a lot more than lyrics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

She actually DOES have a signature songwriting style, even if she hasn't written much since her debut album.

Her style is very rapid-fire, with twice as many syllables as most songs written for that particular time signature, with mostly assonant rhymes (only vowels rhyme). She employs mostly comparisons and metaphors as rhetorical devices.

As regards subject matter, she mostly writes about her personal experiences and conveys a sense of confidence and strength in most of her material.

eat them up sis

As evidenced in her earlier work, she has a peculiar rhythmic phrasing style that's very percussive and utulizes a lot of Onomatopoeia

Edited by Bmezy

5 minutes ago, Bmezy said:

As evidenced in her earlier work, she has a peculiar rhythmic phrasing style that's very percussive and utulizes a lot of Onomatopoeia

What exactly is “earlier work” where the alleged signature writing took place?

I just looked and every song on her debut album has multiple writers some having 4 or more.

I was than assuming ya meant during the DC days so I looked at the DC albums and those as well have multiple writers on every song. The Writings on the Wall having a handful of songs written by Kandi Buruss whom I didn’t know wrote multiple songs on that album.:deadbanana4:

Fan fiction is what you and the other 2 are attempting it seems.

• Like 1

Yeah it's your own fault if the only aspect of music you can comprehend is lyrics

And for Mariah too I would put her signature melodies and the intricate layers and structures of her songs over her lyrics, and not even her lyrics as a whole but her random vocabulary words at that :skull: 

2 hours ago, liam13 said:

i think her tone is strong and easy to ears :chick1:

Beyonce's voice easy to the ears? That's news to me. Her voice and growls are unbearable. I enjoy her rap lite style way more than the faux-opera she's trying to pull.

• Thumbs Down 1

But she does not have solo written songs so how can we know her style? She is not songwriter, as per sia she always use writing camps.

12 minutes ago, Pop_Data said:

What exactly is “earlier work” where the alleged signature writing took place?

I just looked and every song on her debut album has multiple writers some having 4 or more.

I was than assuming ya meant during the DC days so I looked at the DC albums and those as well have multiple writers on every song. The Writings on the Wall having a handful of songs written by Kandi Buruss whom I didn’t know wrote multiple songs on that album.:deadbanana4:

Fan fiction is what you and the other 2 are attempting it seems.

Are you saying that Beyoncé’s inclusion of songwriters other than herself negates any significant writing she may have done and isn’t a credible source because we don’t know exact contribution she made that would warrant acknowledgment? If so,

Depending on the bar you set, the criteria would only be songs where the artists are the sole writer and in that case I don’t think Beyonce has any song like that.. most of the artists in the OP have very few records where there aren’t multiple credited writers.. it’s uncommon for pop stars of their magnitude to have catalogues where there isn’t a lot collaborative writing.. even incredible gifted lyricists like Frank Ocean’s esteemed BLonde has a nice sized writing team. None of the songs on that album have less than 4 credited writers except the interludes and he’s lauded as one of the best singer-songwriters of his generation..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

I would say the difficulties of a romantic relationship as she recently went viral for it. :bird:

Bday wasn’t about her though. It was based off her character in dream girls. 

Edited by sillycilla

26 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Beyonce's voice easy to the ears? That's news to me. Her voice and growls are unbearable. I enjoy her rap lite style way more than the faux-opera she's trying to pull.

easy to my and lots of people’s ears, thats why shes referred to as a vocalist.

hard to ears is bob dylan, for example.

or is my definition of easy to ears different than yours? :gaycat6:

25 minutes ago, Anti-Hero said:

But she does not have solo written songs so how can we know her style? She is not songwriter, as per sia she always use writing camps.

BEYONCÉ Album

Haunted - Beyoncé Boots

Heaven - Beyoncé Boots

Blue - Beyoncé Boots 

On these 3 songs there are 2 people listed as the writer and producer. Yet nobody acknowledges or gives credit for that. Y’all literally act like every song has 6 writers :zzz:

Now let’s look at songs that have multiple writers 

Lemonade

Don't Hurt Yourself - Beyoncé, Jack White, Diana Gordon, James Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham 

“7 writers omg, too many!!1!1”. Yet if you look closer you’ll realize the song SAMPLES a Led Zeppelin song that was written by “James Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham”. So there’s actually 3 writers on the track. 

Artists working with others is only seen as a negative on this website. Nobody is angry when they finish watching a movie and 10 mins worth of credits scrolls by. Nobody questions Christopher Nolan or Quentin Tarantino’s film making genius because they get help with their creative projects. Can Beyoncé create an album by herself? Sure. Would it be as amazing without other’s input and ideas? No. Can Taylor (or Lana, Lorde, Rihanna, Madonna, Cher, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, Gaga) produce an album by herself? Probably not, that’s why she works with others. But nobody has an issue with that. Seems strange to me :clown:

• Like 2

Another ATRL f*gg*ts take who probably only listen Beyonce up to I Am era. Plagiarism and "too many writers blah blah" arguments are so tired and should've been remained in Old TRL, get another thing to do.

OT :

Her vocal runs and rapid-fire / blending rap with vocal technique is very her, you can notice it throughout her career.

59 minutes ago, Bmezy said:

Are you saying that Beyoncé’s inclusion of songwriters other than herself negates any significant writing she may have done and isn’t a credible source because we don’t know exact contribution she made that would warrant acknowledgment? If so,

Depending on the bar you set, the criteria would only be songs where the artists are the sole writer and in that case I don’t think Beyonce has any song like that.. most of the artists in the OP have very few records where there aren’t multiple credited writers.. it’s uncommon for pop stars of their magnitude to have catalogues where there isn’t a lot collaborative writing.. even incredible gifted lyricists like Frank Ocean’s esteemed BLonde has a nice sized writing team. None of the songs on that album have less than 4 credited writers except the interludes and he’s lauded as one of the best singer-songwriters of his generation..

Signature songwriting means she contributed the most, correct? A hive will struggle to list the songs because they know we will look up the writing credits. 

It appears that the Hive in here were bringing up the way she “sings” the songs as signature songwriting and that's not the same thing. The post above this one did the exact thing. :laugh:

If there is such a signature songwriting style for Beyoncé it would be her usage of samples.

26 minutes ago, Anvarie said:

BEYONCÉ Album

Haunted - Beyoncé Boots

Heaven - Beyoncé Boots

Blue - Beyoncé Boots 

On these 3 songs there are 2 people listed as the writer and producer. Yet nobody acknowledges or gives credit for that. Y’all literally act like every song has 6 writers :zzz:

Now let’s look at songs that have multiple writers 

Lemonade

Don't Hurt Yourself - Beyoncé, Jack White, Diana Gordon, James Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham 

“7 writers omg, too many!!1!1”. Yet if you look closer you’ll realize the song SAMPLES a Led Zeppelin song that was written by “James Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham”. So there’s actually 3 writers on the track. 

Artists working with others is only seen as a negative on this website. Nobody is angry when they finish watching a movie and 10 mins worth of credits scrolls by. Nobody questions Christopher Nolan or Quentin Tarantino’s film making genius because they get help with their creative projects. Can Beyoncé create an album by herself? Sure. Would it be as amazing without other’s input and ideas? No. Can Taylor (or Lana, Lorde, Rihanna, Madonna, Cher, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, Gaga) produce an album by herself? Probably not, that’s why she works with others. But nobody has an issue with that. Seems strange to me :clown:

Of course Taylor can producer her album by herself, she wrote an album by herself. Producing it is no brainer fo her. Why you acting like Bey is a songwriter? I remember that Irreplaceable mess she said she wrote that song even in the Neyo Demo its already completed :giraffe:

It is fact Bey used writing camps moved on, I will believe Sia than you

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anti-Hero said:

Of course Taylor can producer her album by herself, she wrote an album by herself. Producing it is no brainer fo her. Why you acting like Bey is a songwriter? I remember that Irreplaceable mess she said she wrote that song even in the Neyo Demo its already completed :giraffe:

It is fact Bey used writing camps moved on, I will believe Sia than you

When did she write an album by herself? None of her memorable music or hit songs are self penned.  :sorry:. The reality is all of her good music that was an actual hit relied on multiple men to assist her in creating something good. 

Beyoncé has used “writing camps” to assist in the song writing process. She has not used writing camps to create music with 0 input. There is a MASSIVE difference. And like the post you quoted mentioned, she is capable of creating songs with one other writer just like Taylor and duo artist Jack Antoff :bam:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Post Malone said:

‎ 

:ahh: :ahh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.