Final Fantasy Base | The Tides Will Rise

Hiatus

13 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

A lot of FF16 stans say the combat feels awful in the Rebirth demo. Didn't try it yet but I believe them. 

Yeah, the VII series and XVI are two completely polar opposite takes on what Final Fantasy can be so not surprised. I think XVI did a lot of things right towards getting the franchise back on track, but they need to further refine it cause it's not quite there yet. 

On another note, getting re-adjusted to the quality/tone of the voice acting of the VII world is a struggle. :rip: 

• Like 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Curaga

• Fevesy

• Rigalo

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

A lot of FF16 stans say the combat feels awful in the Rebirth demo. Didn't try it yet but I believe them. 

That may be the determining factor. I pre-ordered 16 and still haven't finished it :monkey: 7 feels just right, to me. To each their own, though. I can see why 16 appeals to people

10 hours ago, LustSpell said:

Didn't know so many people played XIV on here :skull: Imagine an ATRL ultimate static... it'd be horribly iconic

Omggg I did Eden Savage with a static with 5 gays and it was so ******* funny. Just pop culture references for every mechanic, the constant screaming, lashing each other for their FFLogs percentiles - needless to say the other 3 were sick of us :deadbanana:

I play on EU if anyone has a character there and wants to do stuff :katie2:

I need finish the first FF7 Remake but I keep delaying it nnn.. let me pick it back up tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, Curaga said:

Uh oh… I guess I’m glad I only watched my bf play 16 then instead of playing it myself, then maybe I can still enjoy Rebirth lol

I really need to go back play 16 myself soon tho. Clive is eikonic :jonnycat:

I wish I had a cute bf to watch me play video games :'(

16 hours ago, Taste of Honey said:

On another note, getting re-adjusted to the quality/tone of the voice acting of the VII world is a struggle. :rip: 

The piano took me out :rip:

834ae84971e4179cdb41a9ea70799b6e.jpg

• Like 1

I'm replaying Remake before the new one comes out and it's cute so far... I'm more of a 16 apologist myself, but it's still cool. I do remember hating the last few chapters on my first play through, so maybe it'll fall apart for me again :rip:

Just now, Subomie said:

I'm replaying Remake before the new one comes out and it's cute so far... I'm more of a 16 apologist myself, but it's still cool. I do remember hating the last few chapters on my first play through, so maybe it'll fall apart for me again :rip:

Oh I loved the gameplay/battling in Remake :skull:

I thought the worst part was the stupid junkyard/giant robot hand puzzle area.

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

Oh I loved the gameplay/battling in Remake :skull:

I thought the worst part was the stupid junkyard/giant robot hand puzzle area.

Well I mostly hated it for the plot and such :rip: I turned it down to easy mode after a certain point, just to end it quicker.

Just now, Subomie said:

Well I mostly hated it for the plot and such :rip: I turned it down to easy mode after a certain point, just to end it quicker.

Oh, what parts did you not like? 

Spoiler

Obviously the whispers were weird throughout the whole game, but I thought most everything was pretty normal until the very very end with the weird whisper vortex. But I haven’t played since release because I beat it and then beat it again on hard mode immediately after, so my memory could be bad lol

12 minutes ago, Curaga said:

Oh, what parts did you not like? 

Hide contents

Obviously the whispers were weird throughout the whole game, but I thought most everything was pretty normal until the very very end with the weird whisper vortex. But I haven’t played since release because I beat it and then beat it again on hard mode immediately after, so my memory could be bad lol

Yeah it was those ghosty things for me. Thought they were dumb.

Also being a fan of how the original VII opens, the constant appearances of Sephiroth throughout were not appealing to me. I get marketability and all, but the original did so much with so little and Remake just went for maximalist at every moment. Rubbed me the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

I wish I had a cute bf to watch me play video games :'(

The piano took me out :rip:

834ae84971e4179cdb41a9ea70799b6e.jpg

Nnn… I got here and was like “Well, there goes that trophy.” :rip:

5 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Yeah it was those ghosty things for me. Thought they were dumb.

Also being a fan of how the original VII opens, the constant appearances of Sephiroth throughout were not appealing to me. I get marketability and all, but the original did so much with so little and Remake just went for maximalist at every moment. Rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh yeah, I can see that. I guess I was just really good at ignoring those parts and being like, “Well that was different :cm:  Back to fighting/exploring!”

18 hours ago, LustSpell said:

Didn't know so many people played XIV on here :skull: Imagine an ATRL ultimate static... it'd be horribly iconic

I am progging TOP right now. :pancake:

1 minute ago, Hey Dude said:

When FF8,9,10 get remakes and reuses FF16's gameplay system :smitten2:

Ooh I feel like that could benefit FF8 the best out of those; Squall is a really strong main character like Clive and it would be fun to play as him the whole time. Might be harder with FF10 since it kinda has 2 main characters. 

3783f67eb8392bccb45faae13014028fbd7375e6

oh wait I just remembered the Laguna sequences in 8 :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

I am progging TOP right now. :pancake:

Screw that fight. I have zero interest in that one 💀 Going into TEA in a bit myself when I finish getting gear for this tier (and my cute little axolotl)

I’m in a lgbt static for ffxiv 

2 hours ago, GentleDance said:

Trying to prog P10s in PF, hell :redface:

Im so happy I got what I needed and never did that again :rip: 

FF16 stans talking about fun combat systems is certainly something!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:29 PM, GentleDance said:

Trying to prog P10s in PF, hell :redface:

I'm SO sorry :skull: The first month was hell trying to get past Bonds 3 & HH with PF, I literally cannot imagine now :deadbanana4:

I'm hardstuck end of Classical 2 / early Caloric Theory 2 in P12S phase 2 because I simply cannot get an actual group to get past Pangenesis cleanly :deadbanana4: I'm so over this tier

Edited by LustSpell

4 hours ago, LustSpell said:

I'm SO sorry :skull: The first month was hell trying to get past Bonds 3 & HH with PF, I literally cannot imagine now :deadbanana4:

I'm hardstuck end of Classical 2 / early Caloric Theory 2 in P12S phase 2 because I simply cannot get an actual group to get past Pangenesis cleanly :deadbanana4: I'm so over this tier

PF (and me) can't do stacks to save our lives, I did see HH at some point, prog I guess :skull:

The 7 remake combat system is amazing to me.  I love it more than 16 combat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LustSpell said:

The way it took less than 6 hours for my static to carry me through a P10S clear when I just started. :deadbanana2: Idk if I'll ever do PF progging again. Even now I'm apprehensive about joining PF parties alone, but I want to farm the rest of the BiS pieces for my other jobs from P9S and P11S (i'll probably just exchange P12 books for P10 ones nnn.)

Game leaked and it's confirmed that 

Aerith dies

• Thanks 1

It still hasn’t really hit me that Rebirth is fully out in a week, but I just got a reminder email about my pre-order, so it’s getting realer :alexz:

Just finished Ch 12 on my FF7R replay. This might be one of my favorite games of all time :jonny6:

i definitely remember fighting with the combat system my first time playing but when it starts to gel and you find materia that click with you every battle is FUN

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.