Is American Cinema Culture Cringy?

bjorn

It’s really not cringey, specially opening weekend, fans are going to be hyped, let people have fun! :fish2:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magazine

• Virgos Groove

• bjorn

• byzantium

23 minutes ago, harwee said:

Which country is this?

:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The worst is the gays who clap during the stupid AMC Nicole Kidman ad :rip:

the ******* WOOOOOOOORSTTTTTTTTT. 

Not at all. If anything, it provides a great sense of community and solidarity in a moment. I've gone to many opening night showings of comic book films where all of the geeky fan boys and girls were in attendance and it was just the greatest thing. The reactions, hand claps, cheers, etc. are all so great to be a part of.:jonny:

I'm so ready for that next moment, whichever film it may be in.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’m in Australia and I think a few people tried this at a film I saw to recently and it didn’t catch on so they stopped lol. It’s a very American thing, although maybe it happens at Marvel films here (since Marvel fans here are very Americanised), but alas, I don’t like Marvel.

Edited by KMO

Tbh this has only happen to me at 2 MCU movies…. And I’ve been to every one opening night since 2008:rip:

I think this is more a stereotype than anything. What’s really annoying is the people on thier phones that’s annoying. A clap here or there, and a exclamation during a scary movie or thriller ain’t that disruptive 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bjorn said:

When everyone starts to clap and shout every two seconds? 

Like during the Avengers and Spider man films? 

example 

As a European the second hand embarrassment is strong :coffee:

What you think sistrens,

discuss :fan:

This is premiere/opening night... 

Many American things are cringey. I personally can't stand that at the cinema.

In Japan it is silent, nobody claps either. I prefer it to be my own personal experience with the movie. I went to Ireland and saw Midsommar in theatres and the amount of people chatting and laughing throughout the movie was atrocious. People are so rude to one another in the west.

On 9/20/2023 at 3:17 AM, magazine said:

:bibliahh: tbf, this probably happens in all the countries. Marvel stans are just THAT cringy

Agree. This is Marvel stans rather any country culture.

Similar happened in my Asian country when Avengers 2 premiered.

This is not commonplace at any showings that are not on premiere day. You're not gonna see this at 7 PM on Tuesday

We lead, yall follow so... no lol

europeans and their takes on american culture are much more cringey 

• Thanks 3

It's a bit weird but I've definitely seen people cheer and clap here in the UK too.

Now what's actually cringe is people who clap when the plane lands :rip:

Its called showing emotion and having a good time. Why is it that whenever people show actual passion and emotion or interest in something its labeled cringy? Not everyone lives on their phones in their rooms and hides away from the world like the people who live online. :ace:

On 9/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, scenekiller said:

When did people get so obsessed with calling things "cringy"? :deadbanana2: leave people alone 

I just watched a video about this and the guy made some good points. At the end of the day its rooted in fear and anti-intellectualism/ anti-individualism which is definitely the direction the world is going in. :doc:

If it’s not opening night, people generally only clap and cheer at the climax from my experience. But good for them! 

I'm glad even though my country is full of idiots, talking during a movie is not a thing. Reactions like sobbing, laugh, or scream are fine. But talking? No, almost no one does that here. What some people do is, checking our phone with very bright phone brightness.

This is such a nonissue and not that common outside of opening weekend for that type of movies

This doesn’t happen in every screening :ace:

Spoiler

Marvel stans are cringe :swan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.