Is American Cinema Culture Cringy?

bjorn

When everyone starts to clap and shout every two seconds? 

Like during the Avengers and Spider man films? 

example 

As a European the second hand embarrassment is strong :coffee:

What you think sistrens,

discuss :fan:

• Haha 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M!X

• Virgos Groove

• flower moon

• Onyxmage

Guys is it cringy to have fun?  Asking on behalf of all Europeans.  

This video was pretty clearly taken from a midnight premiere of a hotly anticipated film.  If you don’t want this type of collective experience, then go to pretty much any other showing of the film. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

:bibliahh: tbf, this probably happens in all the countries. Marvel stans are just THAT cringy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I get it when it is a premiere of a major event or something. I don't mind it when it is in moderation and not overdone where people don't know when to stay quiet.

The thing that bothers me more in that clip is movies like Avengers that expect that sort of reaction from the audience and create pauses in the scenes that are supposed to be filled in by the audience screaming, a cinema version of a laugh track.

Happens in eu as well (I can confirm, like that 3 spiderman scene caused so much similar reaction on my showing) but you already know that

• Like 2

It's Western culture in general I fear, I live in the UK and I had to go see a film 3 times because during the first two screenings there was a group of people behind me talking (and when I asked them to stop both times, both parties treated me like I was the rude one, lol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

It's very fun and celebratory. Much better than European customs like eating beans on toast for breakfast. :gaycat6:

spacer.png

Now why are we Southern European countries in it? :hoetenks:

• Haha 1

Film Twitter is. They just worship directors no matter what they make. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

It's very fun and celebratory. Much better than European customs like eating beans on toast for breakfast. :gaycat6:

spacer.png

never seen this in my life :psyduck:

Some people are just annoying

I live in Argentina in a small city and this happened with Barbie and some random movie like Wolf of Wallstreet

6 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

spacer.png

You are serving the same delusion op is with this one I fear

13 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

spacer.png

much more common outside of europe (but really only the uk) than you might realise :)

Edited by flower moon

never happened to me in Europe is idk what the sistren above are talking about

but if it's a midnight premiere i might excuse it, otherwise yes it is extremely cringy but more importantly - disruptive and irritating 

This isn’t common in American theaters at all unless it’s opening night. The video’s description confirms that it was the premiere, so it was just the hardcore MCU fans who were cheering. No one behaved like this when I was watching Endgame. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

The worst is the gays who clap during the stupid AMC Nicole Kidman ad :rip:

This ad is so iconic though.  I am kind of ready for a sequel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.