• Communion

• MingYouToo

Top Posters In This Topic

whitehotforever

tenor.gif?itemid=11770637&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

why OP is reported already? for posting Washington Post article? lol

Edited by whitehotforever
  • Haha 1

I think it's important to draw a distinction between Islamic doctrine and average Muslim people. Not all Muslims in the US are anti-gay - and younger people even are supportive by a slight majority. But traditional Islamic ideology is not compatible with LGBT existence and freedom in the Western world.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 30

ppl in 200 years are going to think we were absolute imbeciles

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well...... This time I'm not gonna say anything otherwise ******* will tell me I'm spewing far-right bs

it was horrifying watching that exchange sis :deadbanana4: 

1 minute ago, Perfect Blue said:

Don't worry he'll be here soon to condescendingly explain why your feelings are invalid, why this is actually OK and we should be tolerant of it, and why the sky is green.

oh im sure they'll bring up a whole ass SAT sized essay while they enjoy the freedoms fought hard for by the same people being actively attacked and discriminated against by these bigots. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well...... This time I'm not gonna say anything otherwise ******* will tell me I'm spewing far-right bs

could you please tell me what you mean by this? rihported!

spacer.png

• Haha 3

this is so damn disgusting but I cannot say I am shocked. 

1 minute ago, PoisonPill said:

I think it's important to draw a distinction between Islamic doctrine and average Muslim people. Not all Muslims in the US are anti-gay - and younger people even are supportive by a slight majority. But traditional Islamic ideology is not compatible with LGBT existence and freedom in the Western world.

at the end of the day as a non religious gay american. i really dont give a flying **** about who you believe in and whatnot and the distinction between the readings. i really dont care about the leviticus section in the christian bible being interpreted as anti gay or whatever, christians in today's society arent actively witch hunting us (yes they are but im specifically talking about physical harm, harassment, burning schools, literal murder) so that conversation can be tabled for another day

what i care about is how its being practiced. this is similar to the 'all men are trash' rhetoric during the 2010s wave of feminism, yes, not all men are trash (in this case, not all muslims are anti gay), but on a systemic level? islam and the muslim community has been actively harmful towards the gays at a rising very alarming rate so yes muslims are a threat to our existence societally speaking. 

for your average non religious queer ATRLer, i dont gaf about whats in the Qur'an/Bible/whatever, what I care about is how people are enacting in in relation to my existence therefore I think its perfectly valid to be angry and concerned about this rise in hateful ideology, not just ideology actually, hateful actions and crimes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

They might honestly just call themselves something else than Islam

Traditional Islam is honestly poison, they really might just be called alternative islam or something else because Islam needs to be called out before it ends the gays while spreading 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

could you please tell me what you mean by this? rihported!

spacer.png

KRJFHREIJRH oh it's about to get real messy in here

spacer.png

• Haha 1