Do you ever Drive around aimlessly?

Gorjesspazze9

Some days I’m bored of being stuck in the house but have no motivation to do anything productive. I just get in my car and drive for miles around my city listening to Music. :rip: 

it’s mainly on my off days from work. But sometimes I drive like 50 miles to another town, with no real destination. By the time I find a restaurant or something to do I’m tired and just drive back home. 🤦‍♀️ it’s a waste of gas but it makes time go by. Maybe I need a vacation or friends. But my safe pace is my car and playlist of 2000’s pop music. 

anybody relate or am I Insane? 

Trying to get to the Bay Bridge out of San Fran when there's traffic yes.

Also if I'm hungry but don't know which place to go yet :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

No I live in the city/downtown so I'd immediately get stuck in gridlock which gives me anxiety, and gas is expensive. I did do this a few times during the pandemic when streets were empty.

• Like 1

No, I hate driving and I only do it when necessary 

• Like 1

I prefer aimlessly going on the train to London or Birmingham with no real intention of what I’m going to do there. I would drive but when I factor in the cost of fuel and parking in these main cities then a train is normally cheaper with my railcard. 

Spoiler

Plus I hate seeing the mileage of my car increase and therefore its value Decrease :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Also I live in the Midwest, so it’s really just miles and miles of cornfields :rip:

When I get too bored being at home, I will waste gas and drive wherever I happen to go with no destination in mind.

• Like 1

I used to do this at my university, especially late at night. I'd pick a road and just drive until I got bored, rolling down the windows, listening to music, and just thinking. It was cathartic. Now, gas is a bit more expensive and I don't have as much free time, but I see the appeal.

• Like 1

I don't drive but driving around alone and listening to music in the car is kinda my only motivation to get a license :thing: 

I do this quite a lot actually ngl :rip: 

Especially late at night when the roads are dead and I can just blast my own music and get lost in my own thoughts. It feels like therapy in a way

• Like 2

No, but Indo walk around aimlessly sometimes while the sun goes down listening to music. Maybe I get a coffee. They are my mental reparation walks.

But I live in a REAL city made for people and not cars, so maybe it is the equivalent of driving around aimlessly in most US car centric cities.

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

I’ve driven maybe like 15 times since getting my license. I hate driving. 

Me but it's 0 times since and it was like 7 years ago :dies:

i did it a lot during the pandemic when we weren't on lockdown but at the same time the virus was everywhere and everything was restricted. 

it was SO good for my mental health,  there was a day that i easily drove for like 2 hours. 

i did it basically every weekend, during the day, during the night. it was so good for me. 

on my "normal" life no i don't do it cuz i already have to drive everyday so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me 

i live in a city, work in another one... it just doesn't make sense for me. i already drive a lot daily, i relax doing other things

but it is good! 

Edited by Selegend

Well not aimlessly but I do take try and take the long way to my destinations if my playlist is playing HIT after HIT :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.