Katy Perry sells her music catalog for $225M

Feanor

Litmus Music, a catalog rights company backed by private-equity giant Carlyle Group LP, said on Monday (Sept. 18) it acquired the rights to Katy Perry’s five studio albums released for Capitol Records, including her Grammy-nominated Teenage Dream.  

According to sources, Litmus paid $225 million for Perry’s stake in the master recording royalties and music publishing rights to her five albums released between 2008 and 2020  – One of the Boys, Teenage Dream, PRISM, Witness and Smile. Litmus declined to comment on the deal terms.

3lMq.gif

Edited by Feanor

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anti-Hero

• gettsleazy

• Witnessed ET

• Tistotal

Get that bag queen :clap3:

Who needs masters anyways

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 15

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well, she had to do it eventually. Her music career is just not making any more money. 

What are you talking about :rip: She's got more classics from anyone else this gen besides Rihanna, the licensing opportunities are endless

OT: She sold the rights to an album she released 3 years ago :toofunny2: she really doesn't care about music anymore does she

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

She saw the shoes were getting more likes on Twitter than her music ever did and decided to retire :monkey:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

She saw the shoes were getting more likes on Twitter than her music ever did and decided to retire :monkey:

I mean if i was as rich as her , and have as much legacy as she has i would retire as well

• Thanks 2

She saw her Vegas boxscores & had to come up with sumn quick nnn

Edited by luckythisway
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Get that bag queen :clap3:

Who needs masters anyways

She is not selling masters because she doesn’t own them, she is selling publishing and the 20% of the revenue that master owners have to pay to recording artist 

• Like 2

i mean she has hits, she has classics, but still 225m is insane for her catalouge

so Katy`s 1st five album almost valued the same as Taylor 1st six albums ( it was 300m but it`s for the whole Big Machine label which i think Taylor`s part is around 250m)

• Like 3

On one hand, get money queen... on the other hand, it's clear she really doesn't care about her music career in that way or she'd never sell. I couldn't imagine it. It'd be like selling my child. But to each their own.

33 minutes ago, Feanor said:

According to sources, Litmus paid $225 million for Perry’s stake in the master recording royalties and music publishing rights to her five albums released between 2008 and 2020  – One of the Boys, Teenage Dream, PRISM, Witness and Smile. Litmus declined to comment on the deal terms.

So she still has rights to Katy Hudson and The Matrix. :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.