Lana Del Rey's Honeymoon turns 8. Thoughts on it today?

NOW

It still is (and probably will always be) her most underrated album.

The first three tracks alone are better than the entire COCC.

3 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

Perfect. It's just too short imo. Replace the interlude with a second disc including all of the outtakes. Including the original versions of Lust for Life tracks. 

Girl if anything it should be shorter, ending with The Blackest Day.

Top 4 Lana album of all time :ghostface:

So lush, rich, melodic, trippy… what an atmosphere she creates on this one. Sounds & feels exactly like 1930s Hollywood 

I've been a fan since paradise so I fear I've overplayed it to death :ghostface:

TLY, Salvatore, MTWBT, HBTB and TBD are still in rotation!

10 hours ago, sbenci said:

One of her best, a cinematic masterpiece. It has some career highlights like Art Deco, Freak, Blackest Day and one of her best songs Terrence Loves You. A real gem that never got its flowers because it followed cult classic Ultraviolence imo!

I think the gp is slowly waking up to it now. It's more than doubled its daily streams over the last year.

9 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

It’s my personal favorite Lana album but her teen fans are a bit obsessed with it. Like she doesn’t even acknowledge it anymore. 

She still mentions it and makes random posts like she had with Terrence last week. I feel like it was a more introspective and lowkey album compared to the others she's made during that time.

• Like 1

Such an amazing album, still my 2nd favorite of hers. 

1 hour ago, NOW said:

I think the gp is slowly waking up to it now. It's more than doubled its daily streams over the last year.

She still mentions it and makes random posts like she had with Terrence last week. I feel like it was a more introspective and lowkey album compared to the others she's made during that time.

She released it almost 10 years ago and barely talks about it. I dont know much about what shes doing now, maybe shes mentioned it but I remember her dropping it then basically acting like it didnt exist for years. :skull:

Still my favorite. I'll say it over and over again but even though it's not the most lyrically impressive (though still strong in that regard), the production is just really special to me. It's her best sound design and just makes you escape reality unlike her other albums. Literally "dreaming your life away".

Highlights are God Knows I Tried, Honeymoon, Art Deco, Music to Watch Boys To & Religion.

It's the lana album I listen to the least tbh. I've tried to get into it time and again over the years, but it just sounds so washed out idk. I like the reverb on UV but HM just has too much

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kimi said:

Girl if anything it should be shorter, ending with The Blackest Day.

you cutting out two of her best songs, Swan Song, 24 :jonny5:

Baby wake up another Neil Krug outtake photo just dropped!

8 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

She released it almost 10 years ago and barely talks about it. I dont know much about what shes doing now, maybe shes mentioned it but I remember her dropping it then basically acting like it didnt exist for years. :skull:

Yeah idk why it's the only album she hasn't regularly performed songs from this year but I'm sure she still likes it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.