are you optimistic about the future?

tili33

are you optimistic about the future?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. how do you feel about the immediate future? (next 5 years)

2. 2. how do you feel about YOUR immediate future?

3. 3. how do you feel about the future? (next 50 years)

My life has been spiraling out of control the last couple years. 2021 & 2022 were the best years of my life, hands down. 2023 so far has probably been the worst. I have literally no idea what's in store for 2024 it could go back to how it was, or it could spiral much much worse.

I'm just gonna keep trying my best and see what happens.

I believe everything will work out eventually tho. The next 50 years have almost got to be good overall, right?

Next year I’m leaving my country and doing working holiday experience in Australia for one year.

the thing is that I’m leaving my 7 years relationship boyfriend and I’m f****** scared of been apart.

but also this is something I always wanted to do and I don’t want to lose the opportunity, so I’m like 50/50

we’ll see :celestial:

Realistically, 50/50 for all. I try to be as optimistic as I can, but I also intend to be more of a realist—in order to be able to deal with what comes my way healthily. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

No, because humans will destroy themselves one way or another, but I'm trying to get the best out of each moment and enjoying the present as much as I can. 

I am genuinely optimistic about the future of humanity, as well as my own future. Ups and downs are inevitable, but I don’t think being pessimistic is somehow more realist than being optimistic.

Edited by Arrows

My current life is lame I don’t expect anything groundbreaking 

• Like 1

in general? i'd say both. everything will probably depend on how humans use AI. but for now, it seems like we're just going towards a dystopian capitalist society that cyberpunk medias have portrayed, except at a much more faster pace

i don't know how it is in the united states, since i don't live there, but capitalism is getting more and more suffocating. you have to pay for absolutely everything. i feel like everything is locked behind a subscription nowadays and we're more and more dependant on those services to live a proper life in our society...

the next 5 years? pessimistic, too much bullshit going on right now.

my own future? it can only get better tbh so optimistic.

the next 50 years? optimistic, mostly. there's new generations coming along that have to deal with unprecedented things but that will only make them more willing to fight me thinks. 

Let's be honest....

It's a human state to worry about the future. It's totally normal and healthy to fear the unknown.

People who say otherwise must try to sell you a coaching program.

But... it's not healthy to constantly fearing it and not having hopes.

I tend to let myself flood by fear and it's hard for me to see opportunity in challenge. But when you manage, the feeling is insane.

2 hours ago, Mystical said:

No, because humans will destroy themselves one way or another, but I'm trying to get the best out of each moment and enjoying the present as much as I can. 

No, I am naturally negative and pessimistic about my outlook on life

For me, always optimistic, life is full with bad and good moments, that's how it works. For my country, hm.. I have to lean to optimistic, because the old corrupted people are dying like a flies. :cm:

hope is a dangerous thing for an ATRLer like me to have - but I have it 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.