TB: Björk shades Kate Bush, serving Mariah when asked about Madonna

fememeist

Maybe Björk inspired Mariah’s Madonna shade? :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

That’s not shade tho that’s a rather sincere opinion from a fan imo :deadbanana2: 

If you want to talk about real shade from the elderly alt girl, let’s talk about Kate pulling a idk her moment when talking about Tori Amos :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

• ATRL Moderator

Omg, I'm more disappointed in the bad taste. Of all the Kate albums to not like, Björk really picked one of her best :deadbanana:

Björk attended the opening night of Before The Dawn, and she called her "Mother" in a recent interview with Anohni. She is obviously a big fan and that was so long ago (during the Sugarcubes or Debut era?), maybe her opinion on Hounds of Love has changed since then

• Like 3

i'd like to hear her opinion on hounds of love now. BUT to be fair, HoL is like the most accessible kate album and given björk's 'style' i'm sure she prefers sth like 'the dreaming' :dies: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bjork’s fave Kate album was The Dreaming, so maybe she felt Kate toned down in comparison for HOL and she prefers Kate’s wild side 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shimenawa said:

Björk attended the opening night of Before The Dawn, and she called her "Mother" in a recent interview with Anohni. She is obviously a big fan and that was so long ago (during the Sugarcubes or Debut era?), maybe her opinion on Hounds of Love has changed since then

If she’s reviewing the Sensual World single that’s 1989, Sugarcubes. She’d be reviewing The Red Shoes around Debut era and i can imagine her takes on that :rip:

7 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i'd like to hear her opinion on hounds of love now. BUT to be fair, HoL is like the most accessible kate album and given björk's 'style' i'm sure she prefers sth like 'the dreaming' :dies: 

The Dreaming is one of Bjork's favourite albums, so may have felt disappointed with Hounds of Love as a follow-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, conquxror said:

That’s not shade tho that’s a rather sincere opinion from a fan imo :deadbanana2: 

If you want to talk about real shade from the elderly alt girl, let’s talk about Kate pulling a idk her moment when talking about Tori Amos :rip:

I'd be mad too if my fellow musician produced a Boys For Pele and I could not 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, HereInMyHead said:

The Dreaming is one of Bjork's favourite albums, so may have felt disappointed with Hounds of Love as a follow-up.

is it really? i just guessed it would've been more up her alley haha 

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

And rightfully so. 

Edited by NickAurora

Chart prediction: I don’t know. People here in this country like her don’t they? 15, maybe. :redface:

The OG Winston, TOTC, etc. 

• Haha 2

She probably stanned cloudbusting at least 

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

is it really? i just guessed it would've been more up her alley haha 

yes, she listed it as one of her 10 favorite albums of all time

• Thanks 1

Its funny Mariah saying that Madonna used to be popular.... when Madonna always been popular even when she didn´t sell...seems like she was annoyed by that. Like Kate Bush who even out of the spotlight has managed by stay relevant all these decades. Artists like M and Kate only exist once in a time. Mariah is an excelent singer with a super career and but not like Madonna or Kate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.