Do you think it's biphobic if women choose to not date bi men?

BrentB

So I was listening to a podcast recently with a 3-woman panel where they were discussing sexuality. Pretty much all of them animously swore that they would never date men who've been with other men. From what I heard generally from them, they cited health reasons as to why they wouldn't ( PH scales of their puss getting thrown off & they basically can't trust men these days who are unhygienic & stick their peen in any & every orofice known to man (raw with no questions asked).

I, myself, kinda get where they're coming from. Apps these days are like 70% guys who want BB. And over the years, MORE dl bi dudes who are married have been joining. Plus, I bet half these guys don't clean their junk after their quick raw & then take that same peen & ride their wives/gf with it. 

What do you think? Is this a fair opinion?

Spoiler

I honestly feel like this applies more towards top/vers bi dudes who like f**king raw tbh. Anything else could probably most-likely be argued as biphobic

• Thanks 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Finite

• Mornings

• dumbsparce

• glitch

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it biphobic? Yes. Is there anything people can do about it? Not really

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Absolutely. Not only biphobic, but the popular excuse of "I can't date a bi person because then EVERYONE is my competition!" reeks of insecurity.

• Like 6

As a bi guy. No. Stop :rip:

Stop making up phobias. 

Edited by Johnny Jacobs
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 11

No. Its a preference unless the person is rude.

Question is similar to “Is it transphobic if a man doesn’t want to date a trans?” 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

I mean maybe, but what I never understand about these types of issues is why would you even want to date someone who doesn’t want to date you based on an immutable characteristic of yourself?

It's fine if they have an unspoken preference not to date bi men, but when they're spouting stereotypes about them and assuming every bi man is dirty or untrustworthy then yes, I would consider that to be pretty phobic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I mean people are free to date whoever they want (consensually of course :skull:), but yes, it is rooted in biphobia. 

• Like 2

yes. literally my least favourite type of women because I know so many who think this way :rip:

It makes zero sense honestly. If you're both attracted to each other, how is the fact that he is also attracted to men a deal breaker? Why do you care about the dating preferences of your partner? They chose you, not anyone else. Just reeks of insecurity tbh

34 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

It's fine if they have an unspoken preference not to date bi men

Honestly this. It really baffles me when people feel the need to voice their preferences. We literally all have preferences. But what does it achieve by shouting "I don't date bi/trans/fat/short" people? Just don't date those people then?

It almost seems rooted in the idea that you think these groups of people must be gagging to date you and you have to make it clear that they need to stay away.

• Like 6

as a gay man, if a man is bisexual and truly delivers on this assertion with a masculine appearance, and he maybe has a girl he's with that he's cheating on, or he even may have kids or something, that makes him 1000x hotter to me.

now, if I was a woman and a man interested in me told me he was bisexual, i would run out the room i'd run so fast I'd bust a cartoon silhouette out of the wall. i know this is a dealbreaker for a lot of trans girls too

yDQeBXQ.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I mean... the fact that sooooooooo many women (who also have experimented and hooked up with other women BTW) say they won't date bi men is the exact reason there's sooooooooooooooo many DL married men out here f*cking any man living with a pulse.

If the reason is solely due to the man being bisexual, then, yes. "I don't want to date you because you're bisexual." How is that not biphobic? And I say that as someone who generally shys away from bisexual men, at this point; I don't need the confusion and back and forth of desires, which is what I've run into in the past. :deadbanana2:

Biphobic as in scared of bi men? I don't think so. They're just disgusted at the thought of their man having a dick up his ass. And they are allowed to, especially when gay men themselves reject other gay men for waaaay more shallow reasons.

• Like 2

I think the real question is, is it biphobic or self-contradictory if a bi-male chooses to not date cisgender women, and those who identify as female, even though they deem themselves as such. And that’s just an honest question, but I don’t feel like ATRL is ready to have that discussion yet. 

We really have to start working on our own internal issues and biases within the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and make sure we have a solid foundation and understanding of one another, instead of continually worrying about people outside of that community.

9 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Biphobic as in scared of bi men? I don't think so. They're just disgusted at the thought of their man having a dick up his ass. And they are allowed to, especially when gay men themselves reject other gay men for waaaay more shallow reasons.

I mean, sure, they’re allowed, but one would hope they’re not the same ones crying about toxic masculinity all day then. :redface:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

I mean, sure, they’re allowed, but one would hope they’re not the same ones crying about toxic masculinity all day then. :redface:

Toxic masculinity is different and, dare I say, more serious in the straight world. A husband refusing to feed his kids or wash the dishes bc that's "a woman's job to do" is not really comparable to an insecure gay man who wants to make sure that everyone knows how much he despises Kylie Minogue and that he lifts 5 elephants a day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.