Is Shania worthy of the Vanguard award?

GiftFromGod

Is Shania worthy of the Vanguard award?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shania worthy of the Vanguard award?

• Yes
    • No

I’m not sure if MTV even knows what the criteria is for this award, but Shania has had some do the most iconic videos of all time.  Some girls have entire careers and never achieve what she did with three albums. 

• Like 1

Yes, I'd say so, but, at the same time, it needs to stop being a generic award handed out based on longevity in the industry. Receiving the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award (full award name) is an accomplishment, and the visuals should live up to the Michael Jackson name, which is why Shakira's win does not sit entirely right with me.

• Like 1

I would say no.

She is an icon for sure, however, she was only famous in the pop verse for 2 albums, she fizzled away after. And she is also not being around so much in mainstream media, especially after she decides to move to middle of nowhere in Oceania & Europe for her peace of mind and to heal up after contracting lyme disease & nasty divorce . 

Many of Vanguard recipients are famous famous, from The Beatles, MJ, Britney, Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc, to the latest ones, Shakira. People never stop talking about them. And all of them have staying power in pop culture, even during their long hiatus or after death. Shania doesn't fit this mold, many people who are non fans and/or outside of pop forums/twitter don't even know she was releasing a new album this year.  It doesn't make a dent. 

Don’t know a single video of hers

they gave it to jlo, c'mon, shania def deserves it, that don't impress me much, man! i feel like a woman, ka-ching, from this moment on, you're still the one..

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

Don’t know a single video of hers

countess.thumb.jpeg.2fc33804156e0f1489c7 

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Has she ever won a VMA? Hell, has she even attended a VMA ceremony? :redface:

No and no. Sadly, she was largely ignored by MTV back in her prime. 

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

Yeah, she has some awesome videos...

+

Help, there are so many :redface:

Edited by nadiamendell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.